Northern Christmas Meet

Any idea’s on this peeps, date/venue ?

Anywhere…and soon :wink:

Why not pop over to Chiang Mai - it’s rather pleasant here at the moment? All Exigers (& Evorists) welcome for free b & b :sunglasses:

Blimey Rob, you left Warrington for THAT :open_mouth:

Looks very nice :wink:

Sawat dee khrap Rob :sunglasses:

You lucky sod, what a wonderful place to spend the winter.

Looks very nice Rob (its snowing here)

Is that a Pizza Hut over the field? :slight_smile:

Cheers chaps, but sadly there is not a Pizza Hut (or similar establishment) in the vicinity, so I don’t know where the locals take their tuk tuks for a burnout! :laughing:

After a light lunch today I decided to have a stroll around the lake, adjacent to the development . Didn’t come across another person, so just had the peace & quiet all to myself…well apart from the sound of the birds singing, & the fish jumping out of the water feeding on insects…

You jammy bugger. It’s blowing a gale with intermittent hailstorms here.
Enjoy it Rob . . . We’ll miss you at the Xmas bash wherever and whenever it is.

Sounds just like Ennerdale Rob. But not today though :lolno:

Dingle Bells

I spot a couple of Evorists there! :laughing:

Model sailboat time Rob! :thumbup:

Green curry tomo night I think now :smiley:

Yeah, the one the right looks like he’s just been informed the cost of a clutch replacement :laughing:

Weather depending I will pop across, to the northwest that is not to see Pesky

Right chaps, following Pete’s lead, how about some dates. Sunday, the 4th? Venue to be fixed . . .?

Sunday 28th/Monday 29th December or Sunday 4th January good for me guys.

4th January no good for me as I will be in Edinburgh, but December 28th or 29th would be ok.

Stunning looking abode in Thailand Rob and Ying, enjoy your Christmas over there and hope to see you in the New Year.

If it is between Christmas and new year it could be on a weekday - i’m back to work 5th Jan so on the 4th i will be at home.

Any ideas for a venue Steve?

I can do Dec 28 or Dec 29.
Venues:
How about the King’s Head, Ravenstonedale CA 17 4NH, just eight miles from M6 or The BlackSwan just up the road at CA17 4NG.
I’ve eaten at both within last 12 months and found them very good. King’s Head more spacious and car parking better.

A bit further afield (and not far from last year’s venue, The Green Dragon at Hardraw) is the Punch Bowl at Low Row, Swaledale. Only had a drink there but some good write-ups.
Some great roads round there so we could work out a route either to or from . .

www.kings-head.com

www.blackswanhotel.com

www.punchbowl-swaledale.co.uk

They all look good Steve :sunglasses:

Yeah as Tim say’s they look good, might be best to pick one with good parking area as quite a few turned up last year. :thumbup: