Northants Area Meet?

Following on from Craig7Ls thread it appears that there are a few of us dotted around the Northampton area and a meet would appear to be a good idea?

Being an ex-sevener I still frequent the Northants, Beds and Bucks meet with the L7CGB. They are a friendly bunch and meet on the 3rd tuesday at the Fox and Hounds in Wittlebury. They’ve invited SELOC in the past and I know Snapper (Jamie) gatecrashes there too so that one idea.

Another good meet is the Banbury Area 7’s. In reality all sorts of cars turn up for that (we had a new Aston V8 and a DB9 a few months ago) and one of them lot has a 340R so they’re Loti friendly too. They meet on the second tuesday at a random watering hole usually between Banbury and Chippy.

The final idea would be just to do our our dedicated meet at say the Navigation in Stoke Bruene as its got a good car park?

Any takers?

Hi Rob

Yeah, count me in, only a lowly Elise though. But I do fancy an S2 Exige, with an Audi in it of course

Bernard

And me!!!

I’m not far away either

Fantastic. Looks like we could be on for a good turnout. Could everyone post whay days are good for them, tues, wednesday and thursdays work for me.

Bernard - Audi in an Exige… RS4 V8 lump for me please!

Count me in

Let Bernard (who does the Audi conversions) take you out in his “lowly” Elise… you won’t want for a V8 !

Now the clocks have changed, any day is good for me.

yes count me in. any weekday evening is good for me.

Fantastic. Looks like we could be on for a good turnout. Could everyone post whay days are good for them, tues, wednesday and thursdays work for me.

Bernard - Audi in an Exige… RS4 V8 lump for me please!

Any day would be OK for me.

Bernard

monday and wednesday are good for me

With warning I can drop in on the way back from work (in Cranfield).

Bet you work for the Nissan place???

Correct, Nissan Technical Centre.

I dont suppose you know Simon Hill, Simon Collins or Richard Evans?

Anyway, how about a meet at 7.30pm on Wednesday 26th at the Navigation in Stoke Bruene?

Sounds good to me

I dont suppose you know Simon Hill, Simon Collins or Richard Evans?

Anyway, how about a meet at 7.30pm on Wednesday 26th at the Navigation in Stoke Bruene?

Know the names and Simon Hill worked with/for me for a while during his graduate training. Who do you work for as you don’t appear to be in the NTCE phone list?

Should be okay for the 26th, I think.

Hi Mark, Simon Hill’s a seven owning regular at the Whittlebury meet, Simon Collins is actually a mate of a mate who incidentally sits nexy to SH and RE is an ex Cosworth colleague. I’m at MAHLE Powertrain (formerly Cosworth Technology) in Northampton.

See you guys wednesday! BC

I’m at MAHLE Powertrain (formerly Cosworth Technology) in Northampton.

I think we should just call you “Mr Pistons”

I think we should just call you “Mr Pistons”

I’ve already checked all the catalogues. MAHLE Motorsport dont make many pistons which would be much use to us. The exception is the Audi 1.8T aftermarket with a CR of 8.5:1, Bernard’s got a set so I’m waiting to see how they perform.

MAHLE do make pistons for various Honda H22 and B18 motors and I think they do a piston for the Toyota 2ZZ but its done specifically for a private client. If we were to go to them with a specific request they will make one-offs for about $200 ea based on a minimum of 16 parts so a piston for a 300+BHP SC Conversion is viable. They may even adopt it as a mainstream product given that the US market will be keen to tune the Yota to the limit

I reckon given all the people on this forum who have various areas of expertise we should be able to do our own SC conversions… discuss

Sorry Guys, I can’t make this Wednesday
I’ll definately come next time

Weather’s looking quite good. I’ll probably get there about 7.45pm (kids bedtime stories are turning into novels etc!)