North Weald Sprint

Had a fun day yesterday at the SELOC sprint. Good to see some old faces and also some new ones.

It was awesome to see the new MSC supercharged elise trounch the 350bhp V8 caterham. The supercharged car came off the line like a scolded cat. Seriously impressive.

My performance was, unfortunately, pathetic. I must invest in some 48s next time I do it…

As we both started a thread at the same time I’ll move my post to here.

Great day out at North Weald for the SELOC sprint.
4 Exiges there, myself, Randy, RemarkLima and AnthonyR.
Randy with his Honda Engine was in a higher class and Anthony was in the Novice section.

I’ll let the others describe their day if they want but I managed 2nd in the upto 1800cc class (Elises/Exiges etc), although as it was damp it was VERY slippery during the day and only dried up for a couple of hours before light rain made it very slippery again (I dumped the Toyos for the AO48’s during that time;)).
Fastest overall time was set by Andy Walsh using an Elise S2 with a Maidstone Honda conversion (with supercharger!).

I’ve been sent a few pictures which I will try and get up later today, but here is some video footage.

My Best Run

A Couple of Errors (although the camera wasn’t on for my big spin

I forgot to post up the link to the results:

Interesting to see you vid. Is obvious to see how I gained and lost time against you. I was getting much more speed down the straights but you had traction at the back of the circuit that I didn’t so you could get some power down.

The AO48’s definatly helped in the afternoon, Toyos are definatly a ‘Road’ tyre.

It’s very difficult to say without doing a back to back test but I think that the T1-R may have less grip than the old T1-S. Either that or they work at very different pressures and I’m not working them right.

Correction

There were 5 Exiges there (well for about 30 mins anyway) I could not stay for long just had a quick cup of tea and a bacon sandwich to fight the cold. Managed to see Randy�s run and a silver Exige ( driver had a plain white helmet ) collecting cones at the first chicane.

Good show for exiges.com guys… sounds like it was a hoot…

quite a few punctures by the sound of it ? I’d be really pissed off getting an A048 nailed in that way…

Good to see the vids Mark… it looks to me like you could have gone a bit quicker in a few places… maybe if you had another couple of runs? same for everyone tho’ i suppose…

I guess it was a bit too slippy for the Maggsy’s Audi Power ??

Correction

There were 5 Exiges there (well for about 30 mins anyway) I could not stay for long just had a quick cup of tea and a bacon sandwich to fight the cold. Managed to see Randy�s run and a silver Exige ( driver had a plain white helmet ) collecting cones at the first chicane.

The silver Exige collecting the cones was me, I would like to blame cold 48’s but I think it was just the numpty behind the wheel!

Still that was my only off of the day, the rest of it I enjoyed a lot. I was getting a lot of understeer especially around the first hairpin, must learn how to set my car up properly.

Good to see the vids Mark… it looks to me like you could have gone a bit quicker in a few places… maybe if you had another couple of runs? same for everyone tho’ i suppose…

Plan was to really go for it on the last run, unfortunatly some rain and the slight overshoot (in the oops vid) put paid to that!