North Coast 500 Trip

Holy desk top images Batman! I need to get the Exige finished :smiley: sharpish :arrow_right:

Yeah, that looks awesome.

Scotland and the English Lakes are two of the most fantastic spots on the planet. An Aussie mate of mine who had little good to say about the UK described the Lakes as ā€œso pretty it hurtsā€ā€¦but that is only when itā€™s not raining. I have has too many soggy holidays in Scotland and have given up. I spent 3 days camping at the bottom of Ben Nevis, in August, waiting to hike up it. I never even saw it through the cloud and fog.

Great photos and very lucky you, keep those special memories. Holidays in Scotland, ā€œIā€™m outā€.

Very cool pictures, surely an Exiges trip to the far north has to be on the cards one year? Could make it a tour of the far flung members favourite roads? London-ish to Birmingham to Hull to Newcastle to even further north?

Used to go up to Scotland/Ben Nevis every year when I lived in Blackpool. The weather was always one of extremes. Remember a sailing regatta a mate was competing in, being cancelled at Fort William one year due to no wind, only for a gale to blow up about 30 minutes after everyone was back on shore. Sun burn - and midges - in the evening on the Loch side, then laughing that the rain couldnā€™t get any heavier sleeping in a tent, only for the rain to get far heavier, the most spectacular thunder/lightning storm and wading knee deep across a river the next morning to get to the clubhouse, that hadnā€™t even existed the previous evening!

So someone built a clubhouse overnight in the pi$$ing rain? You have to hand it to the Jocksā€¦

We gotta do this! It would be an epic road trip.

Gotta agree about the weather. I remember we went on holiday there when I was a kid. Down south there was a heatwave and up there the rain was so relentless that the jetty onto the loch disappeared under the rising water levelā€¦we actually cut short the holiday.

Why, was school called back early?

:clap: :laughing: :laughing:

Nope we ran out of jigsaws :smiley:

Might be a good idea to organise a T/D at Knockhill and link it together with a North Coast 500 trip. :smiley:

Now youā€™re talking, Pete

Can I PLEASE get my car finished before you start organising stuff :smiley:

Chop, chop. Not had a progress report for a bit. Too busy mucking about in the Cat, I suspect

Lots going on behind the scenes Steveā€¦

Will be updating soon :thumbup:

Good stuff. Looking forward to hearing and seeing all!

Thank you , Iā€™m trying to learn a bit about photography after always wanting a decent camera , got myself a Fugi X T1, we have also rebooked the cabin in Lochinver for the same time next year , canā€™t wait . :slight_smile:

Had an awesome time again in Scotland this year , such a stunning place, we went over to Harris for a week then back over to the north west of Scotland , unfortunately not in the Exige again , mainly because of all the bloody stuff we apparently need , it looks like all the photos on this thread have gone :eh:

i did take a small drone this year that i just had in my backpack , youtube link below , for some reason it didnā€™t download to youtube in HD .

Scotland trip 2017 - YouTube

Well that just looks beautiful :thumbup:

I need to get out more :unamused:

Great video

Thanks , it was my first time using the tiny drone , great bit of kit ā€¦