North Coast 500 Trip

We set off on the 10th July from home at about 7.30 am heading towards Inverness. Arrived at our first Hotel the Dornoch Castle, at 3.00 pm.
That was a long stint going through Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe and Fort William.
Next day we visited the Glenmorangie Distillery and then to Dunrobin Castle, which is stunning :astonished: We also had to visit John O’ Grouts whilst up there.
Our next stop for the night was at Melvich.
Tuesday and Wednesday was a fantastic stop at the Kylesku Hotel, where we sampled the excellent sea food. Brought in fresh each day from the jetty right in front of the Hotel. :smiley:
Thursday heading down to the Torridon Hotel, again excellent food and accommodation :smiley:
Late Thursday afternoon we headed towards Applecross and some stunning views of Skye.
Friday morning we set off after full Scottish breakfast back towards Inverness, then down the A9 Perth and Edinburgh. Needed to get the car serviced at Murray Motors.
Really glad they fitted me in, as we arrived late afternoon due to traffic problems on the A9.
On the trip the car used about 170 litres of fuel approx £200 worth. The fuel up there averages at about £1.20 per litre.
Since picking the car up on the 1st July I have already done 2000 miles :thumbup:
The 2bular track exhaust I got fitted before the trip is just superb, never once did we get fed up or tired of listening to it :clap:
I hope you enjoy reading the above text and it is not too boring.
Would I do the trip again, the answer would be a big YES.

I had to get a picture for Tim Marra of the local sheep :laughing:

That looks like an amazing trip, thanks for sharing.

I’d love to do a trip like that and 500miles around such a stunning part of the country looks ideal.

Car looks amazing too and I bet that V6 ringing out across the Glens sounded amazing :sunglasses:

Great photos Pete, car looks stunning

Lovely Exige and great roads for it , I’m going to Lochinver in August , first time in proper north west Scotland , unfortunately we are not taking the Exige due to everything in the house we apparently need to take .

Pete/Caroline - totally brill report & pics. Thanks for posting & reminding me what I’m missing! Best wishes to everyone & of course Sherman. :smiley:

Great trip Pete & Caroline. Sherman says hi too Rob :wave:

Regards to Ying also. Hope to see you both if you fancy a trip back here sometime??

So that’s why you went for tartan trim :wink:

When you tour up there on your bike Steve, don’t forget to take your tartan lycra shorts.
Good discounts will be available at your hotels if you do :laughing:

Good point, Pete!

Thanks for sharing Pete, looks like a mega trip buddy. Car looks BEAUtiful! :clap:

Thanks chaps.
It would make a great Exiges.com road trip.

That sounds good Pete. I’d be up for that when I’ve finished mate.

Put me down for that !

I’d love to do this trip, love the high Scottish Highlands, (above Inverness) Best driving and scenery in UK (imo).
Looks like you did this tour anticlockwise, which is what has been recommended to me - as everyone seems to do it clockwise for some reason. (shhh don’t tell anyone! or it will get busy anticlockwise too.
Great pics. Have stayed at The Torridon Hotel too, definitely recommend it and also Glencoe House (obviously in Glencoe) if anyone is up that way, pricey, but a spectacular experience.
Thanks for posting
Dave

Cheers Dave I will have a look at the Glen Coe House.

After doing the trip anticlockwise, I am really glad I did :smiley:

Glencoe House - We stayed in room 4, which is a suite sleeping 4 people, but absolutely fantastic, breakfast is served to your suite, consisting of porridge (with single malt whisky), champagne/fresh orange juice, and full-monty breakfast. Spectacular views out over Loch Leven.
Very memorable experience, cant recommend it enough.

:thumbup:

looks great, just as well, we’re there in August.
Applecross Inn
Badachro Inn
Kylesku Hotel
B+B Scrabster
Glenmorangie House Hotel

sadly can’t face the drive so flying to Inverness and hiring

That does look good , We are staying at the Ardeonaig hotel at Loch Tay for a few days on the way up Lochinver , booked a shed at Mountview on the waters edge overlooking the fishing village .

Sounds great. Hopefully the midges will have had their fill on you and will be snoozing by the time of our trip.