NORLOG Meet - Hoghton arms Weds 6th June

Hello all,

The Norlog Wednesday evening meet is having a bit of an overhaul and is moving venues. I know a few off here sometimes attend and also I guess many on here are not aware we have a regular mid week meet so hopefully we can drum up some new interest

Cross posted:-

Next meet is on Weds 1st July and will be at the Houghton Arms, Withnell PR6 8BL. It is basically the opposite side of the roundabout J3, M65. Here is a link:-

I had a chat with the manager and he is committing an inside space to us that covers approx 15 people, he will happily give us a side room if we guararntee min 20 people eating. That said, if the weather is nice there is a large outdoor garden area with lots of tables looking onto the car park which would be perfect.

As this is our 1st meet I have negotiated a 20% discount on all food and they also advised they are launching a new menu on that date so it would be a great time to come along.

I did say I would try to let them know the weekend before a rough idea of numbers so I hope we can all get excited about the new venue and give it some real support. Please let me know if you plan to attend.

Apparently the weather is going to be epic (*) on this day so look forward to seeing you there

(*) this could be made up

PS - The stretch of road in front of the place is mega for the watching crowds to get a good earful of Lotus power

Hopefully we will see a few exigers there and if you are a member on Norlog please stick your name down on the list.

Boothy

Thanks, Boothy. Change of venue might make all the difference. I certainly hope to be there, weather, work permitting

Good stuff thommo, hopeful we might get a few more exiges there too

OK so I’ve now replied to all the posts and cross posts :smiley: Can’t do mid week at the moment - July onwards should be OK.

Haha thanks Paul :smiley:

No sign of Tim yet? There must be more north western exigers…

Gav has an excuse, Peskys excuse is lame but passable (like being on the wrong side of the world matters), so come on guys roll up :smiley:

I may be able to pop along assuming I will still be working around the Warrington area. I won’t be in the Evora though…

Aye, well worth a pop.

A few photos from last night, nice to see a couple of exigers there :smiley:

And a porsche

I’d be wanting a big discount on that GTE, it must have piled a few miles on now :astonished:

Wouldn’t mind but its coming down to TLF meet at Brooklands this weekend so will have a few more! Technically still less than the others. Hopefully there will be four GTE’s there this weekend, only one missing is the Newcastle car.

Gav

Very impressed by the GTE. Sounded and looked gorgeous.
Good meeting, too at the new venue.couple of Nylocers over, too which was good and Steve from the Ribble Valley made a surprise appearance with his S1
Great night all round.

Bumping this back up, the next meet is two weeks away so giving everyone a bit of notice. Hopefully see a few of you there again and Gav is bringing his GTE along too :slight_smile:

Just to remind everyone this is this coming Wednesday! People eating aim for 6:30 - 7pm but not a problem for any later arrivals :slight_smile:

Well another great turnout, thanks to everyone who came :clap:

Here are my photos from the night, sadly some are a little sun bleached

Thanks again to everyone who came and made another really enjoyable evening :sunglasses:

Great pics, Boothy.
Three S1Exiges, Lf1, Evora GTE, Esprit and Élan + 2, among others.
And a picture of me looking pissed (with a ginger beer in hand)

Great pics.

Nice pics and cars. Gav clearly needs some parking lessons though.

I was told to move it and directed by Boothy as apparently the other cars were far too close!

Great pics :sunglasses:

Some more photos for your viewing pleasure