Non start

I’d like to say a big thankyou to Uldis, Pesky, AndyD and Sean B for there help over this weekend in sorting out my imobiliser problem. The imobiliser would not disarm when pressing the remote on the key fob. The car now starts with out a trip to a dealer.

Thanks once again,

Michael.

So … what was it ???

Imobiliser. I gave him the old “hot wire” routine and all was well!!!

Imobiliser. I gave him the old “hot wire” routine and all was well!!!

Yep all is almost well. It’s runs but with a slight miss fire and I have pins with voltages in the multiplug that are not doing what they should. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can check that things are in order??? Or even better would anybody like to sell me a new module that works so I can get it back to how it should be!

Unlikely that something changed in the wiring.
If you suspect electrical false contacts, better spray electrical cleaner fluid in the sockets and wiggle them around, if you don’t have that, at least WD40.
For misfires, the most likely thing to be is water in the plugs, get out the plug boots and look in with a light, dry with absorbent paper and a long screwdriver, then the insides of the boots. Also the other side of the wires.

Turn on the engine, let warm and then disconnect all the wires again for the remamning humidity to evaporate.

If this doesn’t do it, are the plugs Ok? maybe you could need new ones.

HTH.

Fluffy,
I�ve got many parts (almost everything) of my alarm system, but is it possible to post a pic of the part you need, so I can be sure that I have it or not.
Cheers,
George

It’s the Meta imoberliser box with the 10 black wires comeing out of it onto the white multiplug. The module is coded to the remotes in the keys.

The car seems to be ok now but i’d like to keep it as it should be so if you can let it go for a fair price that would be great.

Cheers.

It’s the Meta imoberliser box with the 10 black wires comeing out of it onto the white multiplug. The module is coded to the remotes in the keys.

The car seems to be ok now but i’d like to keep it as it should be so if you can let it go for a fair price that would be great.

Cheers.

Still on the hunt for one of theses modules, can get it from Lotus for �320. Is there anyone out there that has any trade contacts???