Non Lotus but what memories.

1992 Formula 1 Silverstone Tyre Testing feat. Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell & glorious V10’s & V12’s! - YouTube

Why couldn’t they just leave it how it was.

Like most sporting bodies, they’ve put the fans last. Probably didn’t give the entertainment factor a thought.

“But what about the fans”

“****'em”

Proper cars, proper sounds

Ahhh…the sound of a 3-liter F-1 V10…

Yeah , nothing like the sound of a F1 V10 scream , there was talk of a new masters series with 90s cars & drivers .

- YouTube

Apparently more sound this year.

The current engines are more powerful and more than twice as efficient than the 20,000rpm turbo monsters, that is impressive.

It’s just a shame it’s not accessible anymore. The tyre tests used to be free and you even had commentary

I love the pits footage, there’s no big deal being made over cars and drivers. It’s all very relaxed.

I agree that today’s F1 engines are unbelievable from an engineering point of view but the days of disposable engines that were balls out for 100% of the race are sadly gone and so has that style of racing .

non Lotus? there’s one right near the start of that first video.

And the Rover VHPD advertising on the Woodcote grandstand.

If you get time watch this

1988 Formula 1 Silverstone Tyre Testing SENNA PROST MANSELL BERGER LOTUS FERRARI McLAREN WILLIAMS F1 - YouTube

Senna is flying plans near the end. This is such a fascinating film.

Superb …
In the 80’s my friend Mark Leavesley nurtured Sennas model flying …they were scholar and tutor
Mark went on to be 2nd in World Jet Masters.
Now owns a paragliding school in Bishops Castle.
Jonnyfox … I’ll tag you on FB to Mark…
If you wanna fly JF fly with a Pro

Fascinating what he said John. What a bloke :slight_smile: Lol shame I left my brave pills in the naughties :laughing: