Noise?

Hi Guys,

What level of noise would a 190 S1 VHPD Exige be putting out? Driveby?

Its got the standard (I think) oval exhaust and a sports cat.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Paul.

The oval is not standard (twin pipes are) and it probably a Janspeed. Depending on its condition (baffles) and even with the sports cat I’d say ballpark 100+dB, potentially much higher.

Ian

Paul

OEM silencer was twin pipe. If it’s a “flatish” oval (ie straight top & bottom), it’s a Lotus Supersports (Janspeed).

Depending upon condition of silencer packing, you’re going to be there or thereabouts for Donny driveby. Will of course also depend upon weather conditions on the day.

Sorry can’t be more definitive, but good luck if you can grab a place for Saturday

PS Just seen Ian’s post - great minds, & all that!

PS Just seen Ian’s post - great minds, & all that!

Hopefully one will be along in a minute.

ooooooh. So it is touch and go eh. Dammit lol

It is the flattish one, so supersports it is. Thanks

Whats the best way to get this down then? Standard exhaust?

Personally, a Larini exhaust.

But a Eliseparts SCRP might help. Although may not be much better than the sports cat.

Ian

ooOoooh. What to do what to do…

Hmm…I am totally undecided now then! Gah.

It seems like it might be a bad idea given the circumstances?

Do you have a CAT in? My car and my bros car are identical (same janspeed oval exhaust) and mine has decat, and I was amazed at the difference in the noise between the two cars. Induction noise is the same obviously but the cat makes it a lot quieter.

Yeah. A sports cat.

Eeeeee, what to do lol…?!?

This is our exhaust which is a Janspeed but may not be the one you have if yours is the oval with the flat edges top and bottom…

[image]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/M6ALT/DSC00583.jpg[/image]

Its the supersports, I’m sure of it. Not like that one.

Flatter, as Rob says above.

Mine has 190 with Lotus Janspeed set up (oval tail pipe) with Decat pipe…Recorded 100db static @ Snetterton…Unchanged for Doni where I was black flagged towards the end of the day.UGh
Fitted the CAT and was tested @ 98…so here’s hoping for this Sat …If its wet we will all be using less revs
so should be OK To avoid probs it will have to be a Larini or 2bular next time (my 26" 2bular recorded 92 on the 177 set up.) no probs but was too quiet for my deaf ears

Mine has 190 with Lotus Janspeed set up (oval tail pipe) with Decat pipe…Recorded 100db static @ Snetterton…Unchanged for Doni where I was black flagged towards the end of the day.UGh
Fitted the CAT and was tested @ 98…so here’s hoping for this Sat …If its wet we will all be using less revs
so should be OK To avoid probs it will have to be a Larini or 2bular next time (my 26" 2bular recorded 92 on the 177 set up.) no probs but was too quiet for my deaf ears

Soooo, how does the oval janspeed compare with the flatter edged one (supersports?)

As above, I’m running a sportscat and this. Should be 98ish too? finger in air job

TIA guys.

Oh no, I’m at Donny on Sat as well, problem is i’ve got the oval sports exhaust and CRP. Not had the car on track before so i’m guessing it’s going to be a problem. Has anyone got a sports cat to sell and bring to Donny.

Graham.

Oh no, I’m at Donny on Sat as well, problem is i’ve got the oval sports exhaust and CRP. Not had the car on track before so i’m guessing it’s going to be a problem. Has anyone got a sports cat to sell and bring to Donny.

Graham.

Graham,
You’ve got a 5"Silenced CRP from Eliseparts so you might be ok!! Then there’s the Piper 421 manifold… don’t know about that! I was ok at Bedford, but that was last summer (ish)…

Graham.

Graham,
You’ve got a 5"Silenced CRP from Eliseparts so you might be ok!! Then there’s the Piper 421 manifold… don’t know about that! I was ok at Bedford, but that was last summer (ish)…

Thanks Matt, was looking through the paperwork last night and noticed the silenced CRP so hope it might be ok. The car is excellent by the way, much faster than the lardy S2 i think

Graham.