noble for exige

new to the world of lotus,need to pick someones brain thinking about getting rid of my noble m12 for a gunmetal exige im i doing the right thing,and if yes where can i get one.many thanks.mds

I was thinking of doing the opposite - until we (the collective) started totally whupping the Nobles at track days, I had a change of heart. And the Exige is better looking.

Dont think twice-get the Exige

Considered both and then got the Exige (and �20k change )…no regrets.

Are you talking S1 or S2?

If you’re talking S1 Gunmetal you’re going to have to look hard as that is actually a S2 Elise colour which was only available late 2001, right at the end. I think you can count the number they made on one hand (I’d be one of them and you’re not having mine! ).

You will miss the kick of the Noble, that’s not what an Exige is about. But it is very true what Russ says, for some reason they’re usually slower on the track. The suspension is definately softer, helps in the wet apparently (but that still didn’t stop me easily catching them at a very raining Oulton on what are virtually cut slicks).

Ian

new to the world of lotus,need to pick someones brain thinking about getting rid of my noble m12 for a gunmetal exige im i doing the right thing,and if yes where can i get one.many thanks.mds

Hmmm, of course, this is an Exiges.com forum, so understandably we would be a little biased. And of course everybody will find a reason for you to exchange.
Like me, for example, I could tell you that I went to see the Noble as I wanted one.
Then the salesman invited me to an airfield day where I could try it and some other Lotus thingies.
I tried everything and bought an Exige.
How’s that?

I still like the Noble very much, but las time my car was at the dealer for some service, I was talking with the mechanic about the Noble he was servicing and said that I wanted one.
His mechanic opinion was: “hmmm, stay with the Lotus, these things are not well put together”. Imagine that!

But let me ask you then, why are you considering to change? is it the spare cash you will have? the handling? (where we make the time at the track, as it’s certainly not on power), the looks (both cars are gorgeous IMO), the pedigree? the lightness?

Come on, spill the beans.