No driving for 6 weeks :(

Just got back from holiday and was planning to get the Exige serviced next week before enjoying the weather for some drives out.

Tuesday I was running with the youngest, twisted my ankle on a stone, fell and slid down a concrete ramp, so took myself to the nearest A&E.

Turns out I needed an x-ray.

And a chunk missing from my elbow.

Slight bit of bruising and fat ankles, now on crutches for 2-3 weeks, told not to drive a manual car for 4-6 weeks.

Gutted, cant get the Exige serviced, weather is brilliant. Stay safe everyone.

:astonished: :astonished: Ouch! That ankle shot needs a warning!

Fingers crossed for a quick recovery, weather is just going to get crap now anyway - good time of year to do it!

Oooh, good grief, that looks painful :frowning:

Sorry mate - hope you recover quickly!

Being an orthopedic surgeon, didn’t they tell you that the ankle should at least need a brace, like an “Air Cast-Brace”
after the swelling is gone.
Normally you immobilize the ankle immediately with a tape or, in a severe case like yours, with a cast for 5-7 days
and then, after removing the immobilization, you should wear the brace for 6 weeks.
Partially weight bearing should be allowed after the first days of immobilization and kept for 4 weeks.
Keep the leg up and put ice on it.

Cheers

Adriano

I know how you feel buddy! I ruptured my achilles tendon 3 weeks ago at a basketball tournament, 2 days before I was supposed to take the family on holiday. The holiday was cancelled and I’ve been told no driving for 10 - 12 weeks. Knowing our luck it will be an amazing Indian summer with us stuck on crutches lol

This is karma for giving me stick on other threads.

However,

wishing you a speedy and full recovery buddy :thumbup:

Were you dunking it one handed in someone’s face? :muscle::smile:

Exactly that, a 360 dunk at the of 42 was probably pushing it with hindsight! :rofl::rofl:

They told me to elevate and rest for 2 days and ice packs every 4hrs for the first 24hrs.
Use crutches for 2-3 weeks with occasional resting.
Be careful the next 6 weeks.
Brace was advised as i did the same thing a few years ago on the same ankle (which needed physio).

When the swelling goes down, i will be using a brace - have seen this one https://shop.nuffieldhealth.com/858/Aircast-A60-Ankle-Support