Nitrons again

I’ve started thinking seriously about getting a set of Nitrons in the near future. What would the collective suggest in terms of spring rates? I don’t do a lot of track days, so I want a setup biased primarily for road use. Do I want the same rates as the standard springs, or just a little bit stiffer?
I seem to remember somebody (Mike?) talking about problems with the springs being maybe not long enough, and rattling around on full droop. Did anybody come up with a solution for this, is it only a problem with higher spring rates, or is it really not a problem?

Somebody give me some stars, please. I’m starting to feel left out

My spring rates are 600 front 650 rear, but this is probably much too high for road use and occasional trackdays.

Much better at perhaps 300 and 325, maybe…

Russ has a similar set-up to this…

The springs rattling on full droop is only an issue if you lower the car down to 100mm front 110mm rear - what seems to happen is that you wind the top collar on the body of the damper so high that the spring cannot lengthen quite enough to ‘fill the gap’, as it were…

However, I have only ever once heard the twang as the spring relocates…

I would suggest that at normal ride heights, you would never have the slightest problem.

Guy Evans at Nitron is going to come up with a fix anyway, either using helper springs, or maybe slightly longer ones…

Hope that helps Mr Star!!

PS YHS

Brendon,I believe Nitron suggest 325f/400r or 350/425 spring rates for the Exige kit.I went for the latter and find them more than acceptable for road use.Guy at Nitron reminded me that it is fairly straight forward to change springs if you find you’re not happy with your first choice of spring rate (i.e. you don’t need to reset all the geometry),and they’re also fairly cheap.

I have 325/400, as recommended by Geary - this is great for road work and occ. track. I am changing to 400/450 or 400/475 soon, if I ever get ready for the new season…I think Richard from Blink runs this setup on road & track, and he reckons it is a goodun.

Thanks guys. Really helpful as always.

And Thanks for the stars, Mike. I feel whole, like a REAL man at last

Russ - you can try my car with the heavier springs if you like !!

I feel … like a REAL man

Oo err…

Cheers Mike, I will hold you to that, maybe do a car - swap?

Don’t turn that down mike, the engine’s a cracker!

Ian

Cheers Mike, I will hold you to that, maybe do a car - swap?

Deal

Nice one swapping the Exige for that Lambo - Well done Mike !

Can I still be chauffeur?

Only if i can wash it on my driveway

Can I still be chauffeur?

Rob - sorry - just had a call from Vinyl Veronique asking for the job - and she does have a lot more puff !!

And she always has a smile for you…

Hmmmm, sexy!