nitron suspension-shall i?

hi exigers noticed that some of you have fitted nitron adjustable suspension could you tell me the benifits of them over standard items.not to concearned about being to harsh for road use just to benifit on track use.do you run car on a lower ride height and what spring rates are you running?

The Nitrons are a cost effective way of upgrading the suspension (but not the only ones). They are adjustable and hence can be set for the conditions/surface, you’ll find postings recommendings a certain number of clicks. As the damping is better it also means the springs can be much harder than the std ones with little impact on ride. The std spring rate most opt for is 325 front 400 at the rear. You rarely hear people complain this is too hard, but a few think it’s still too soft (some of whom will be along shortly no doubt! ). When you fit them you can lower the suspension (and even play with the geo), and some have a bit (although then speed bumps start becoming even more of a worry!).

Ian

The std spring rate most opt for is 325 front 400 at the rear. You rarely hear people complain this is too hard, but a few think it’s still too soft (some of whom will be along shortly no doubt! ).

400/475

cheers ian,would lowering not cause tyres to contact bodywork and inner arches, already got v large holes in inner arches or would the stiffer springs not cause this problem.rob

They are most definitely a fantastic upgrade and so much better than standard it is unbeleivable. As mentioned on std rates (i had 375/425) the ride was remarkably supple. Have gone up now to 475/525 as it used on track and it’s just about as stiff as you can go on std nitrons.

On the track you will notice the lack of body roll first off and that will really suprise you, these cars have more body roll than you think, do a search on “time for nitrons” and look at the pictures. in terms of time gained, it’s all down to the driver and car setup. But i would go for it just for the feel and improvement in dynamics which is huge.

Ride heights are debateable because at 100/110 the springs are loose from the platforms on full droop but it is not really a concer, personally i preload at least 3mm but thats force of habit for bouncing off kerbs etc and it makes me feel better but i don’t think there is any real problem as it is only at full droop that they rattle so not a major problem.

If you are gonna use it on the road more than the track stick to normal ride heights and std nitron spring rates as you need pretty stiff springs for low ride heights, mine would scrape the splitter under full braking with 375 springs on front, motorsport splitterbut still a terrible noise.

So the short answer to should i get them - YES

cheers jason,cant seam to find “time for nitrons” not very good on pc.but i know what u mean about the roll,on track i didnt think it was so bad but looking at pro photographers pics it showed how much it actualy does roll.rob

could be “time for new suspension”

400/475

Aah, but you weigh twice as much as the average Exiger I still can’t believe you also don’t bang your head on the roof - particularly when you’re wearing a helmet

For those who’ve not him, young Mr Anderson is well over 6 foot tall, & has eaten a couple of pies in his time too. (So too have I, & I’m only a shortarse )

Considering all the Exiges I was overtaking at Bedford today, I guess power to weight ratio is unimportant

Considering all the Exiges I was overtaking at Bedford today, I guess power to weight ratio is unimportant

Good lad

prob have to wait for the nitron purchace,need new discs first, think subject has been covered many times,got usual upgrades pagid pads braided hoses and better fluid and lotus sport discs,but discs need replacing.are the ali belled discs the ones to go for?

What about some ohlins?

Better?

More expensive?

Check-out the Plansmotorsport website for a price comparison.

Ian

cheers ian, will check outy. rob

Thinking of selling the Nitrons on my car at the moment.

18 months old, 15k miles, complete with the std springs 325/400 and uprated ones 400/475 (2 complete sets of springs)

�1100 new (+�100 for the 2nd set of springs)

Looking for �800.

Mark

What are thinking of replacing them with ??

Nitron 2-Way adjustables, but looks like I miscalculated so can’t afford them .