Nitron Setup

How many clicks from Hard are people using Road and track out of interest. Want to try some new combinations to see how they feel in comparison, I have been running 6/11 on track, winding out 5 front and rear for road. Any input appreciated.

it depends on the springs u have and geo setup…

Doh yeah good point. 400lb / 500lb springs with honda. Ride height is about 130. yoko 48’s and standard exige rims.

i would start with 8 front 6 rear for the track. u could try harder.
For the road i usually change 3 clicks, but here we have good roads.

I’m at full soft at the front and a couple off full soft at the rear. Really they need a touch less bump relative to rebound but the adjuster largely only effects rebound. Be careful not to wind them up too high though - dampers are not there to stop the car from rolling, use stiffer springs and roll bars to do that.

Chris

I am on 600 lb fronts and 650 lb rears.

Standard ARB set on one hole harder.

Geo recently set up by PLANS

Ride height 100 front 110 rear

Would full soft front and 2 off soft rear suit me for the track??

If I switch from my 048s to my crappy Toyos, does this still hold true?

Sorry to ask bozo questions, but it’s the only way to learn !!

Not hijacking a thread here but how about a new thread where everyone can share there set up, why they like it that way. Not a thread where as on some other forums i browse someone posts something, ans some smart guy comes along and say thats rubbish it will never work and doesn’t give any reasons why. Would be a nice source of reference for someone who has fitted new suspension and all of us could learn something from it.

I will take the first step tomorrow morning and post my current set up along with it’s pros and cons.

How about are we all in ?

I run mine at 20 from full hard on the front and 18 from hard on the rear

(325/400 springs)

Sorry double post but Nitron Setup would be the perfect place for this, if it’s ok i’ll post it here

I’m with bdrought, same.

Ian

With jason on that. Spreadsheet, with all the parameters, spring rates, tyres, ARB setting, track/road etc would be helpful to all as a general reference I guess. Gives you somewhere to start

…not forgetting all important tyre pressures too!

Ok guys, if you want I’ll write a web database for this stuff, could be a bit more useful than a thread as it’ll keep it clean so to speak, maybe add the elise’s and such like as well

So we want:
Name
Car Make
Car Model
Year
tyres
tyre pressure

Suspension:
Make
Model
adjustments

Front:
castor
Camber
toe

Rear
Camber
Toe

Notes

Anything else??

Chris

I am on 600 lb fronts and 650 lb rears.

Standard ARB set on one hole harder.

Geo recently set up by PLANS

Ride height 100 front 110 rear

Would full soft front and 2 off soft rear suit me for the track??

If I switch from my 048s to my crappy Toyos, does this still hold true?

Sorry to ask bozo questions, but it’s the only way to learn !!

Sorry not to reply sooner Mike - didn’t spot this.

The Toyos have very soft side walls so they tend to need stiffer suspension to compensate so can probably stand running 3/4 clicks harder on the shocks.

Difficult to comment on what your car needs without driving it. At a guess I would say that your wheel rates are low at the rear compared to the front considering the springs are reletively stiff but still only 50lb apart front to rear. This might be a good thing for you as you will need lots of traction to get all that horsepower down. That said it might be worth trying stiffer springs at the rear.

Thanks Chris - that makes sense