Nitron Interchangeability

Is ‘interchangeability’ actually a real word??

Anyway, I’ve a set of S1 Elise Nitrons and was wondering if they would transfer straight over to the Exige (S1)? I appreciate that Nitron advise a heavier spring rate for the Exige but when they were last refurbed, I was told that new springs would probably be needed next time anyway so it would cost me nothing to swap (except another refurb plus springs <>)

Basically, are all the mounts etc the same?

Is ‘interchangeability’ actually a real word??

Anyway, I’ve a set of S1 Elise Nitrons and was wondering if they would transfer straight over to the Exige (S1)? I appreciate that Nitron advise a heavier spring rate for the Exige but when they were last refurbed, I was told that new springs would probably be needed next time anyway so it would cost me nothing to swap (except another refurb plus springs <>)

Basically, are all the mounts etc the same?

Nitron list them as different part numbers…

I think the ride height is different too.

Nitron are pretty good. If you send them back for a service and spring change they’ll probably be able to return them in an ideal fashion.

Ian

Hi Matt
I got a set of Nitrons with my Elise (Honda S/C) which were supposed to be off an Exige spring rates 400 425 The previous owner of the vehicle who built it and did all the hard work said the were much much firmer than the Spax Adj which were on the Vehicle

So if there is any way to confirm what they were orgiionally made for I’d like to know ~ not signs of a serial number on the shocks that I could see on a quick look

If you want I can post a pic
cheersHamish

As long as they are for an S1 then swapping between Elise & Exige isn’t a problem, in fact, IMHO Elise ones are probably better on an Exige as the rears are slightly longer I believe.

Thanks for the comments guys

Still haven’t decided whether I want to take them off the Elise yet anyway so no rush to make any decisions

Hi Heres a pic of the set the previous owner bought
they are 400/475 spring rates the fronts 330mm center to center and the rears 345mm center to center

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Hamishs8/Car/Nitrons001.jpg[/image]

I had my exige nitron serial numbers checked by Nitron at the factory. The numbers showed my dampers are in fact elise ones. they do have the uprated exige spring rates fitted. Guy von-nitron explained the difference between exige and elise versions is in the length of the damper body. This is shorter on the exige version to allow lower ride heights without the danger of getting too close to the bump stops. The other possible problem using the elise version on a low car is once lowered to the desired ride height the spring can fall out of the alloy adjuster ring on full droop. This is a problem when getting airbourne. The suggestion was to shorten the body by the amount of play at the next service. Helper springs could also solve the loose fit during full droop.

m