Nissan, Le Mans 1990

Cool pic! Is there a bigger one?

Ian

Hi Ian

Take yer pick from these Clicky

Cheers. I particularly like that one - short wheel base racer, long wheel base racer and the original.

Not that it�s of any real consequence (well, not unless everyone here remortgages and goes for a group buy ), but I think I�m right in saying that the orange one is currently for sale by a dealer in Germany somewhere…

David

Let me just put my lovely two tone nylon anorak on…

Right,

The orange one was an F1 LM from '95 of which only 5 were made (as 5 F1s finished Le Mans that year) but only 3 in that papaya orange and sell for about 2 million quid now. The Sultan of Brunei has two so far… But you probably know all that from the website anyway so I won’t go on.

For anyone who like the F1 too there’s an amazing book by Doug Nye called ‘driving ambition’ all about it. Well worth a read.

Now, while I’m obsessed with the McLaren I would sell my soul (and maybe Pesky’s arse) for a Group C racer.

Big thanks to Mark and David for feeding an old addiction.

Please excuse my complete Numptiness, but why did they stop making these Nissans if they were fantastically awesome ??

For anyone who like the F1 too there’s an amazing book by Doug Nye called ‘driving ambition’ all about it. Well worth a read.

I agree. I love the story in there about destroying one whilst testing in Namibia. The driver rolled several times from over 150mph and just crawled out and dusted himself off.

Ian

Please excuse my complete Numptiness, but why did they stop making these Nissans if they were fantastically awesome ??

Probably the same reason most great motorsport ventures end, where have you got to go once you’ve dominated? Down is not money well spent.

Ian

Now, while I’m obsessed with the McLaren I would sell my soul (and maybe Pesky’s arse) for a Group C racer.

Randy’s 88 car is for sale

but only 3 in that papaya orange and sell for about 2 million quid now. The Sultan of Brunei has two so far…

After a bit of a route around I found that orange one, Clicky.

David

Randy’s 88 car is for sale

But my arse isn’t

That’s not what I’ve heard Rob

No, its free.

No, its free.

Well, I’ll be buggered!

F1 for sale in germany ? I guess its a case of “if you have to ask the price you cant afford it” so how much for the child bride,the whole contents of my garage, Peskys pension pot, …about 45 p so far so I’d better not ask.
Anybody make me some F1 lookalike body panels for my S1??
Nice to dream. Body was designed by the same chap that did the GT40 another shape even closer to my heart

…the GT40 another shape even closer to my heart

How about one of these then, it may not be a real one, but at an �introductory price of $69,000� (excluding an engine and transaxle). It doesn�t sound quite so unattainable…

SPF GT40 Clicky

Mag Article

David

it may not be a real one

David

As Mr Bean used have a real one, I doubt that a replica will suffice

As Mr Bean used have a real one…

No way …

David

No way …

David

Afraid so - originally registered in France…

At one time, his avatar here showed it, with the child bride climbing into it

Lucky, lucky boy…

Don�t suppose we know what year/Mk it was?

David

David

IIRC it was in 1970’s, but no doubt Clive (Mr Bean) will give you a resume in due course (& perhaps tell you about the other cars he’s owned).