Nightfall Blue S2

Thought it was time to start a proper thread here as things will start changing and work on the car progresses.

Summary from my introduction thread:
It’s a Nightfall blue 2004 which had the Lotus approved supercharger conversion fitted back in about 2013. It’s got a few non-standard parts fitted, from what I can gather from the invoice history and looking over the car:

Twin oil coolers
TD 1.2 alloys (the no logo version)
TRD airbox
Engine mount inserts
AP 295mm brake bells and rotors with braided hoses
V6 mirror plinths (I think?)
EP baffled oil sump
EP Uniball Rear toe links
LED rear lights
It had a full suspension refresh in about 2014 too.

The previous owner (RegS) was kind enough to send me loads of photos of the work he did on the car during his ownership too.

I’ve taken it out for a couple of drives since last week. I’ve already had to replace the 20amp fuse for the 12v aux socket after trying to use a tyre pump.

At the weekend I had a chance to give it a good clean, polish and wax. Excuse the photo location, my driveway isn’t the most attractive place for a photoshoot.

That looks fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to post oh fellow 2004 with supercharger converted exige owner! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Such a nice colour! Great purchase :thumbup:

Looking lovely and clean! :sunglasses::+1:

Very nice car, been out on many runs and a few track days alongside Reg who certainly knew how to drive it

Nightfall blue is a top colour :raised_hands:

It’s definitely one of those colours which looks much better in sunlight and with your eyes than it does in photos.

The seats came out tonight so I could put the harness bar in. It was only afterwards I realised that because the plastic trim was already cut and just needed a bit more off, I could have left it in place. Oh well, should be able to put it back together tomorrow.

The harness bar I have appears to be an OEM one which would fit with the ‘motorsport’ trim panel behind the seats. My car doesn’t have that panel so the bar won’t fit without a lot of cutting and it looks like I’d have to lose the rear speakers too. I’ve put this bar up for sale on seloc and ordered a different one from EliseParts for next day delivery. I just want to put the car back together and drive it this week!

That harness bar looks very similar to mine and you can just about dodge the speakers for it (though they’re destined for the bin tbh, all they do is rattle around behind me :laughing: ). Sounds like you’re sorted now anyway, but would be interested in knowing the differences between that and the EP one.

I’ll get some side by side photos tomorrow but I think the EP bar sits further forward from the mounting points at each end.

First modification complete now

I’ll get a better photo next time it’s outside. It’s the wheel I had on my S1 Elise - 300mm with a EP 50mm spacer adapter. The horn push is from Elise-shop. I actually quite like the standard exige wheel too so this isn’t defintely staying but I do find it helps with my sweaty hands :smiley:

Lovely colour - looks the business when exposed to sunlight. :thumbup:

Did you purchase this from Jon Seal?

Yes, every time I spoke to him he gave me an update on the work being done to yours!

Ah, yes, as I understand it Jon is rather passionate about the mini-resto project as I am.

The reason for my post was because, as a first time Lotus owner, I hadn’t realised what a super lovely colour Nightfall Blue actually is, so wanted to know that that was the same colour as the car advertised on Jon’s site.

Great buy. :thumbup:

I was really unsure on the colour, I wasn’t able to see the car before purchase and there are very few photos online of nightfall blue S2 exige that I could find. It’s such a fantastic colour in the sun, photos don’t do it justice.

I have managed to get the new harness bar fitted. I still had to cut more from the rear plastic trim to clear the bar. I was then able to squeeze the speakers in but I will not be able to refit the speaker grills unless I chop them up, so they can stay off for now.

It took bloody ages to get this in and it’s only two bolts.

To compare the OEM bar with the EliseParts one:

You can see how they are quite different shapes at the ends, the EP one gives much more clearance as the bar comes through the plastic trim and into the cabin of the car.

I fitted a harness bar recently (posted details here with a full interior retrimming)… Exiges.com - Exiges.com - Lotus exige club

The speaker grills will go back on, just a bit of a squeeze.

I ditched the speakers when I did my harness bar - too much weight, lol :wink:

I went back outside and was MUCH more persuasive for a full 25 minutes. There is no way they are going back on. The bar is already pushed pretty much right up against the plastic ring of the speaker mount so you just can’t get the grill over the top too. Believe me, I tried :smiley:

my speaker grills won’t stay on anyway !!!