Newby first drive

One other idea is the Ohlins suspension pack. If you get a car with adjustable shocks you could soften it up to find a better compromise for winter use.

Anyway, just a few thoughts…

BC

Thanks Bob. Looks like a 2nd hand 240R then to get the ohlins you understand!

Graham

I like your thinking. It wouldn’t convince my wife though.

There was a car for sale on Pistonheads with them fitted recently.

I like your thinking. It wouldn’t convince my wife though.

Nor mine!

Hi Graham,

Sadly, I also found B&C to be lacking in the sales/follow up department so I bought my Exige S2 from Wilsons in Romford. Give Ben Speak a call. He really looked after me and was very easy to deal with.
(not a plug , honest, just dislike shoddy sales people.

Hi Graham,

Sadly, I also found B&C to be lacking in the sales/follow up department so I bought my Exige S2 from Wilsons in Romford. Give Ben Speak a call. He really looked after me and was very easy to deal with.
(not a plug , honest, just dislike shoddy sales people.

Thanks, I saw their ads and thought they might be good.

I have got in touch with B&C again and they have redeemed themselves somewhat by doing what they said they would.

Graham

Just been looking at the price list and wondered if anyone had any views on the ‘packs’. For the road would it be a bad idea to have the bog standard car just addingh a/c. Or do people think that the touring pack for example is a must?

Thanks
Graham

Just been looking at the price list and wondered if anyone had any views on the ‘packs’. For the road would it be a bad idea to have the bog standard car just addingh a/c. Or do people think that the touring pack for example is a must?

Thanks
Graham

Anyone?
Graham

When i was speccing my Exige i went for the sports pack, mainly to get the traction control and sports seats. The dealer said having a pack does make the car more saleable ( but then he would)
My elise at the moment has the touring pack and to be fair if it didn’t i wouldn’t miss it. (if that makes sense!!)

A/C is essential for comfort & re-sale time (especially with a dealer).

Touring is arguably better for mostly road use if you want some refinement (quieter, front driving laps, better materials inside ie leather/alcantara). It’s also the most popular choice, so its what the majority will look for. On the downside you don’t get the sports seats & harnesses, which are fab for the track.

Sport pack is no lighter (at least not enough to matter), & the door trims look shite. A little less refined without the sound deadening (which does appeal to some), & I dont think you get the driving lights either unless things have changed for '06.

Bog standard is very rare, but worth considering if say you want a custom interior (eg as offered by Lotus) as an aftermarket option.

HTH.

Tim.

thanks all.
Graham