Newbie saying Hello - Exige Cup 260

Hello All and a HNY and all that :smiley:

Just wanted to say Hi. I “joined” in Sept but had difficulties getting approved :wink:

I bought a solar yellow Exige Cup 11MY back in the summer from an RAF officer who was active on another forum. Great guy, he specified the car and there was a nice blog on it. Never tracked. He went for a Cup pack delete option, so no isolators or extinguisher. However it has AC and an Alpine head unit - Yes I know, a bit weird but I like it :smiley:

Ive since confirmed with Lotus that it was the last UK 1.8 Cup car, which is nice :slight_smile:

I did a Silverstone track day early Nov - it was a bit greasy in the morning but was brill in the afternoon.

Since buying Ive had the geo set by CenterGravity (these guys are well known in Porsche circles), had a Al rad and motorsport cables fitted, 2 new A048s, upgraded brake fluid and heat shields. Now 114/119mm ride heights, we had a pig of a job setting up the front Ohlins and had to fit an assister spring as the lower seat would come adrift on full extension. Anybody else had a similar experience? So Im thinking Im set for 2014…

First impressions: love the colour. Very focussed. I get the “add lightness” bit. Shift is now much better with the MS cables, stiffer but more deliberate. Im still getting used to how quick the car turns in and hence how quick I have to take lock off coming out of corners. Pretty buzzy engine so I tend to wear earplugs a la Caterham. I love the waisted shape and to be honest it has only had admiring comments at petrol stations etc.

Im a bit OCD so happy to hear of any of those “must do” mods…

Ill try to sort some images out and look forward to seeing you at some blats or meets or track days

I live on the Coventry/Leicester border, if there is such a place :question: Any local run outs? Would love to join a Spa trip.

Clarkey

Welcome!

And yes

Sounds like a great car :slight_smile: welcome along

welcome!

Yes I’ve been thinking 2014 is the year to do Spa!

T

I suspect this is your car.

Well spotted Damon, bang on :clap:

Thanks for the welcomes All :sunglasses:

PS please don’t know tell me you remember seeing this car on fire/in bits/bouncing of the armco at the Ring/being made from 2 other cars/used by Lotus as a demo car by Raikonnen (perhaps that would be OK:)) etc etc

hahaha

Don’t worry as long as no-one says ‘Sean’s driven that’ it will be all ok! :smiley:

Welcome :wave:

:clap: a big welcome and glad to have you on board.

the cup260 in yellow really works

Really like your car and welcome

Super cool 260 cup, welcome to exiges.com :slight_smile:

A proper HNY now and Thanks for all the comments.

Looking forward to contributing. I have to admit to some Porsche history but hope you will forgive me :wink:

Very nice welcome along

Very nice car indeed :clap: Welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome, hope to do a Spa trip this year in July or August with BAT missed last year not having one

Indeedy :smiley:

Congratulations, lovely motor. I remember reading the blog about the yellow Cup when I first started snooping around Exiges. I thought I remembered a journo being the first owner.
How did you manage to get the ride height down to 114 :open_mouth: it is only supposed to go down to a minimum of 120mm at its lowest setting I think. I can’t get mine anywhere near the 120mm I think mine runs somewhere around 127mm. I would love to bump into you at a track day sometime as I am interested to feel what the MS Gear link cables are like.

Enjoy your time with it.

I am running 115 f&r