Newbie here! few questions!

Hi all, My name is peter, im 21 from south wales. iv been doing alot of reading on here, trying to find out as much as possible on the exige which i love, as im looking to buy in the next few months! I really want one with a LSD, but not sure if they come with them standard?(s2 exige) or are they a factory extra?and how can i tell? Also where are the main exige dealers around,so i can go and have a look at a few?
Thanks in advance pete

you have pm (goto ‘My Home’)

I think the only model that came with a LSD as standard was the Cup 240 but I may be wrong there may be a few other Special Editions that had them fitted. They are normally an optional extra. If you are from South Wales your nearest dealer is Stratstone’s in Cardiff. It is easy to find as it is on the main A470 into Cardiff, about 1/2 mile after you go over the A48 you see it on the left. They also sell Aston Martin.

I think the only model that came with a LSD as standard was the Cup 240 but I may be wrong there may be a few other Special Editions that had them fitted. They are normally an optional extra. If you are from South Wales your nearest dealer is Stratstone’s in Cardiff. It is easy to find as it is on the main A470 into Cardiff, about 1/2 mile after you go over the A48 you see it on the left. They also sell Aston Martin.

cheers for the replies guys, i aint been to stradstone yet, but know where it is, i was just wondering if there are any more, who speacalise in lotus rather than others aswell, if you know what i mean?

cheers

Hi Peter, why do you want an LSD ? You really only need one if you have more power. The Standard set up copes well with the 190 BHP even on track when you are really caning it out of the corners.

Good luck with your hunt for an Exige and with the insurance.

Ex77

Well to be honest, you could say im jumping the gun, Its just i havent driven one to find out if it can cope, like you said it does, but id rather have one, as it would save me doing it in future(if i upgrade power), and from my experience, a tidy diff is more valuable than more power(2me anyway)!
But i might hold, like you said, i will need to see for myself, so it aint really essential for me.
As for insurance, its nasty…very nasty

Thanks for the info mate! much appreciated

Well to be honest, you could say im jumping the gun, Its just i havent driven one to find out if it can cope, like you said it does, but id rather have one, as it would save me doing it in future(if i upgrade power), and from my experience, a tidy diff is more valuable than more power(2me anyway)!
But i might hold, like you said, i will need to see for myself, so it aint really essential for me.

I’m not expert but have been told by many that the Exige/Elise doesn’t really need an LSD not matter what power if your setup if right. My Cossie track car has a plated diff and needs it, but that’s a front engine rear drive car. Also the standard LSD is a torque bias I believe and not a true LSD. If you want a proper plated diff this is a motorsport item.

I’m not expert but have been told by many that the Exige/Elise doesn’t really need an LSD not matter what power if your setup if right. My Cossie track car has a plated diff and needs it, but that’s a front engine rear drive car. Also the standard LSD is a torque bias I believe and not a true LSD. If you want a proper plated diff this is a motorsport item.

Ahh ok,thats ok then, my car is front wheel drive, with a diff, and it is pretty essential(thats where i get it from)
suppose you learn something everyday huh! cheers

mine has an lsd and is for sale,(the car not the lsd)!

Hi Peter,

Im the same age, insurance was a probs for me, got the best quote from admiral and elephant.co.uk (almost halfed my next best quote!!

Osmond: Can you pm me the details of your car if its still available!

My best quote was on my dads name, aint had a tidy look yet as aint got car yet! but will try admiral! cheers

Surely you should do the sensible thing and insure it in your own name instead of trying to commit insurance ‘fronting’ ?

Sorry just my 2p…

Yeh, I’ll second that, (just my 2p aswell) by all means add your dad as a driver and that will help bring it down to under 2k (depending on your no claims, excess etc…)

Don’t think it’s a problem having the policy in your dad’s name provided you state you are the owner/keeper and main driver, but it does seem pointless as the quote will then be based on you anyway (as the highest risk driver). If you don’t tell them then, as above, it’s ‘fronting’ and the insurer will be able to walk away from any claim. You may as well bite the bullet and accrue your own NCB.