newbie hello

hello all,
adam here yhinking about getting an exige always liked this cars and now i can afford one in seriously considering it.at the moment i drive a honda civic type R.any advise on what to look for would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Hello

Dunno about tips… One that’s been tracked is nothing to be shy of tho’ and anyone who says it’s never been tracked is probably lieing so could be lieing about other stuff with the car

Hello was there only 1 model of the S1 ie only 1 engine type as ive only seen the 190bhp.also what insurance group this is important as im only 23

Hi Adam

The choices are 177bhp 190ish bhp or supercharged

Group 18 or 19 I think

Nope, there was no supercharged option, that was an aftermarket mod done by TT.
Not a bad one, if you come across a car that’s been supercharged.

Most Exiges were born as 177 but probably upgraded by the dealer to 190.
There are a few with the Emerald ECU instead. I would say this is better, if you like to fiddle with the mapping, ie go the upgrade route (the Lous ECU is not remappable).

Don’t know about the insurance group since I’m an old f@rt and am terribly jealous that you can afford an Exige being so young.

When I was your age I was skateboarding, BMX’ing, trying to reinvent the Kama Sutra and driving an old �100 car

Adam, bite the hand off of the one being offered for about �18k in the For Sale section!

The saving you can spend on insurance! A expect that’s going to be tricky/v.expensive, especially if you want to be insured on track.

Ian

When I was your age I was skateboarding, BMX’ing, trying to reinvent the Kama Sutra and driving an old �100 car

You would need to reinvent it if you were trying to drive a car at the same time! Hardly legal and very dangerous in a car of any value!

Ian

I know, tell me about it

I remember this time when I was driving on some country roads, my girlfriend between me and the steering wheel and doing all silently so as not to wake up her sister and boyfriend in the backseat…

I think I’ve seen that movie!

Ian

Just don’t sit on that seat !!

LOL

Any more info for me guys,
I live in the norwich area been keeping my eyes open, seen an few elises and a mint exige in wymondam.

Adam the best thing to do is to do a search of the site, or go back in the Exige Talk section over serveral months, as this has been answered a lot in some depth previously. I remember as least Pesky and myself doing some quite detailed responses.

Good luck!

Ian