newbie after some info evo - exige

ive currently got a evo 8 fq300, love it to bits but i fancy a change. hence my question! i know the series 2 are 190 bhp but what can i do for more power, ie exhaust, chip, super chargers of even transplants. anyone got some figures with some costs. how do these cars in standard form compare to evos on the corners, straights lines and top speeds?

I’m not sure you’ve completely got the point of the Lotus. It’s all about low weight and handling; less weight needs less power. To answer your final questions first:

Corners - Byeee!
Straight lines - Who cares! On track you’ll get the S1 upto 130ish, S2 150 (as it has less downforce/drag).

If a more powerful car wants to stop you getting past it’d have to nail it out of the corner you caught it in…but you’d get it under braking.

On the engine conversion front �10k (give or take a couple of grand) will sort you out with either a charger for the std S2 engine (240bhp), Honda (220bhp, from the Civic Type-R), Audi turbo (an Enzo chasing (no really! ) 300bhp) or a charged Honda (at about the same power as the Audi). You’re probably gonna want to up the brakes too with any of those, but really 190 will keep your eye brows raised for a while.

If you’re after the fastest road car you’re probably looking at the wrong thing. But if you’re looking for something to play with on track occasionally, it’s a winner.

Ian

thanks for that ian.
ive got my first track day booked for this year at croft, and i know im going to get hooked. ive looked into modding my evo, but its my second now ands i fancy something differnt.road use with a few track day i would expect.
i know the cars are awsome on the corners, and im not expecting a fast straight liner, but do want it to give most scoobs and evos a good run up to the 140ish mark, hence my other questions.
another one do they get over speed bumps as there loads on my estate? the salesman has told me we can try and see when i test drive.

PhilG

Phil

Speed hunps no problem, though my drive entrance tears the front plate off so I dont bother with it anymore(the plate not the drive entrance!)

I ve had very powerfully modded integrales and I must say the Exige gives me the handling that I craved from them but never got. As Ian said it is all about weight and centre of gravity and driver controllability. YOU have to drive an Exige it wont drive you.

Once you get the hang of it and learn how to take it by the scruff of the neck it will astonish you, and you will be astonished by the stuff you can do in it. I am only just starting to get into it properly after running in, but it is a massive and thrilling learning curve.

You will need to get used to revving, unlike the torquey Evo, but that is also part of the fun and it sounds evil. They are peaky racing cars made barely legal for the road really.

hope this helps

Adrian

thanks chaps. ive been looking at a thread on scooby net about the s2 exige, there some where do the tt conversion for 6-7k for and exchange and fit. 300bhp thats got to be frightning fast.

anyone else got some advise or info. the car i fancy is the s2 in yellow with the touring pack. can you get the car with just the radio and alcantara?

Phil G

You could upgrade from Yellow to the superior Orange?

Yellow would be my second option

Come on guys…

Let’s get back to earth.

I love the prospect of an Audi conversion, but…

“Enzo chasing”??

Aren’t we blowing this a little bit out of proportion?

“Enzo chasing”??

Technically it is the Turbocharger that is doing the blowing, but I know what you mean…

My audi exige is quite capable of embarassing most supercars, and that would include an Enzo, I suppose, but if the driver was on his / her toes, then I would indeed be chasing, but probably not catching !!!

I did some Enzo chasing tonight, and if you want to read all about it read THIS TECHNICAL ARTICLE and then reconsider and be amazed at what Bernard has wrought with a slide rule, a hacksaw, and half a pound of jelly babies

“Enzo chasing”??

On any circuit without very long straights, no, I don’t think we are!

On (the UK’s television programme) Top Gear, the fastest (non-F1) car they’ve ever had on their track (which has some pretty long straights) is a 300bhp Honda supercharged Aerial Atom. As anybody that went to a Mid-engined series race last year will know, Atoms with similar power to Exiges tend to lose.

Ian

“Enzo chasing”??

Technically it is the Turbocharger that is doing the blowing, but I know what you mean…

My audi exige is quite capable of embarassing most supercars, and that would include an Enzo, I suppose, but if the driver was on his / her toes, then I would indeed be chasing, but probably not catching !!!

I did some Enzo chasing tonight, and if you want to read all about it read > THIS TECHNICAL ARTICLE > and then reconsider and be amazed at what Bernard has wrought with a slide rule, a hacksaw, and half a pound of jelly babies

OMG!!!

Mike is this really true???

I created a topic a while ago in Seloc, in which I asked which cars would the Audi conversion beat. The generalised opinion was everything but Enzo, Carrera GT, Koenigsegg, Macca F1 and SLR.

You’re telling me that even these cars are within range of the Audi Exige?

Must resist… will not sell the house and live under the bridge… aaaahhhh, the hell with the house. I WANT ONE!!!

Don’t forget that it all depends on the driver.
A well driven Enzo is going to be very difficult to find, just because who has one will not trash it, will pamper it like the collectors item it is.
On the other hand, the Audi Exige can be scary, therefore you might find that the humble Rover-engined version might pass Mike’s car on some tracks, even though straight-line performance is better.

Witness the mid-engined championship.

Power is not everything.

i only asked how i would fair with the scoob and the odd evo, now where talking enzos. where can i buy one the evos up for sale. lol

PhilG