New Zealand 12/2009: any Track Day events?

A big hello to the Kiwis here (two of them as far as I know)!

I’ll visit NZ in December 2009 (December/January 2009/2010, not sure about the exact dates yet) Any ideas what events I could visit - Track Days, Rally…? Where are the race tracks down there? I’ve heard of a track in the north but don’t remember the name. No race tracks on the mainland - eh sorry, south island - as far as I know?

Would be fun meeting some of the Kiwi petrolheads, any ideas where to find them?

Thanks

This was the LOT trip .

Should give you an Idea
http://www.lotus-on-track.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50
Stay for the TAUPO Dual Sprints 7/8 Feb, great fun nothing like it Europe.
I’m entered in Mr G Elise
You Will Enjoy

Try these dates at the various tracks:

MONDAY 8TH DECEMBER TAUPO A1GP TRACK (ONLY 8 PLACES LEFT) $110

SUNDAY 11th JANUARY 2009 MANFEILD $100

MONDAY 2ND FEBRUARY TAUPO A1GP TRACK $119

MONDAY 23rd MARCH TAUPO A1GP TRACK $120

PLAYDAY WEEK SOUTH ISLAND TRACKS APRIL 09 $350

I’m also on the Taupo A1 GP track on Tuesday 02 Dec if you’ve landed by then your more than welcome to hitch a ride.

Sorry about the exorbedent cost of the track session thats just the way it is down here. And what with the cost of BP Ultima reaching the dizzy heights of 50p a litre its a little unfair really.

Where you intending to visit on your NZ hols then?

Jez, you need to get a better crystal ball…ideally for Dec 2009/Jan 2010

Jez…can I borrow the Exige then???
You know I will look after it…I need practise for the dual sprints

huskydog, I’ll visit NZ in Dec 2009, not 2008 :wink: but thanks anyway

I’m looking forward to meeting the (few?) petrolheads in NZ (not only Lotus drivers!) just wondering what places would be cool to see (places = racetracks), besides I’m planning to visit friends in Palmerston North and Nelson, furtheron I’d like to spend a week or so in Wellington… The country is just too big to see everything in such a short time… For me, NZ is the most beautyful end of the world

No need to spend the whole 5 weeks on racetracks, but this time (my 3rd time in NZ) it’s time to meet some petrolheads, don’t you think?

This was the LOT trip .

Should give you an Idea
http://www.lotus-on-track.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50 >
Stay for the TAUPO Dual Sprints 7/8 Feb, great fun nothing like it Europe.
I’m entered in Mr G Elise
You Will Enjoy

CLIVE!! I might be racing you in the SEXIGE… I’ll be entering that series next year

Daniel, That time of year trackdays are pretty common… none will have been booked then (this far in advance) but there’s bound to be a few on then.

The tracks are:

• Pukekohe (Near Auckland)
  • Hampton Downs (Near Auckland, opens mid next year… going to be a cracker!)
  • Taupo (In Taupo, about 2 hours drive north of Palmerston Nth, 3-5 hours drive south of Auckland)
  • Manfeild (In Feilding, about 25 minutes out of Palmerston North)
  • Ruapuna (In Christchurch)
  • Levels (small club circuit in Timaru)
  • Teretonga (In invercargill and the southernmost race circuit in the world)

At that time of year both Pukekohe and Taupo are well-utilised by trackdays, most of which I’ll be on hopefully (if I ever get SEXIGE finished!). Late November will also see Manfeild host the “Whittakers MG Classic” which is one a 2-day classic race meeting and probably the best spectator motorsport event in New Zealand… well worth a look!

Wondered why when i looked into the depths of the ball it all appeared to be cloudy Thought it was my eyesight failing

Entering the SEXIGE in the series might end up a wish i hadn’t done that moment in your life George. I’d be looking at something a little more common or gardern like a rice burner. There not exactly in short supply here.

Dual car sprints aren’t really any more risky than trackdays… you’re racing against the clock with another car… it’s not bumper-to-bumper pack-racing, it’s just a kind of time-trial really.

The tracks are:

• Pukekohe (Near Auckland)
  • Hampton Downs (Near Auckland, opens mid next year… going to be a cracker!)
  • Taupo (In Taupo, about 2 hours drive north of Palmerston Nth, 3-5 hours drive south of Auckland)
  • Manfeild (In Feilding, about 25 minutes out of Palmerston North)
  • Ruapuna (In Christchurch)
  • Levels (small club circuit in Timaru)

cheers didn’t know you have so many tracks hope to visit one or two of them wether as driver or as visitor