New toy... (non Lotus content for you purists)

Quite like the colour combo. How do those seats feel with the big ‘cut outs’?

Nice

Lovely …
I can’t get seated comfy in my BM tho , pedals spaced to one side and heel & toe is nigh on impossible.
Seat bolster is too long even fully retracted , Germans must have long thighs !

They’re odd to look at, but once you’re in you’d not know they were there. Until a rear passenger uses said ‘tickle vent’ feature.

Interior looks much better in the flesh, brown is much darker and richer really

Engine I was worried would feel hum-drum after the 6.x V8 in the AMG, but really it is a special thing and made better by the slick 6 speed manual. There is clearly some turbo magic going on and it’s a clear step over engines like the old VAG 20vt and TFSI engines, as boost just doesn’t drop off between gears and throttle response is unlike any other turbo car I’ve driven.

Really like the colour Tim. Enjoy buddy.

Congrats. Seats must be amusing / the worst choice ever with kids in the back!

Love the seats

Ha, was amusing watching Benja’s kids making use of the ‘tickle vents’ over the weekend

Thankfully my little one is too small to reach just yet

Yup, no prompting required,…as soon as I sat down with the kids in the back they saw their opportunity :laughing:

I was really taken with the car. I much prefer the 4-door M3 shape to the M4, it’s got real attitude and the 3-series is not too big unlike many modern cars. On the road, it feels every bit the ///M with poise, purpose and a direct positive feel that ticks all my boxes. It’s being run-in, so max-beans was not available but it’s clearly a special power-plant and properly ballistic. I can see why Muu got one, I love performance saloons and the latest-gen M3 with comp-pack etc is the pick of the bunch. Getting back in my Merc it felt like a massive contrast and made me really miss my 1M. I gave it a bit of hoof though and its hard not to be swayed by the big-hearted grizzly bear performance of the '63 :sunglasses:

How are you getting on with it now Tim? Had the chance to test drive an M4 this morning. Lovely lovely car. But when I asked to have a look over an M3 as well, was shown around a beautiful Competition Pack M3 in Azurite Black. I really liked the aggressive look of the M3, with the more pronounced flaring of the rear arches vs the M4. Also a little more practical as there was plenty of room in the rear even for me, and with the wider boot entry and folding seats could almost regard it as a sensible choice :slight_smile:

Photo doesn’t do the colour justice.

M3 for me every time too Will, just looks better and more purposeful than the M4…esp in black :sunglasses:

Having a performance car that the family can fit in certainly has benefits; you actually get to enjoy it more often.

I saw one of these at the local supermarket. The (very) low profile tyres looked to be stretched over the rims making an otherwise good looking car appear very chavvy to my eyes.

Yep, see what you mean, Tim

Not been on for a while, so sorry about delayed response.

Yep the M3 deffo has the more aggresive arches over the M4. It’s due to the fact that the cooking 4 is 20mm wider than the 3, and then the M4 is 20mm wider again but the M3 shares the track width, so they have to find 40mm in the arch flares when going 3 to M3.

Chassis wise I love it, SO much more pointy than my old C63 but also more stable at speed. Engine is effective if a little characterless, but the manual certainly gives a nice sense of involvement. Overall tho it’s effing fast, and hugely rewarding when you’re pushing it but not a car you go looking for tunnels with. I might look to remedy that tho. I wasn’t a fan of the wheels when i ordered it, but wanted the 295 rear rubber they bring, but actually now I really like them (but only in the black).