New style V5

I’ve just received the new style V5 document, as my S1 Exige has been sold

The thing is, the V5 quotes ‘mass in service’ as…849Kgs

Does this mean the S2 is not as much extra weight as we’ve been thinking

It looks like the good people of Swansea have changed how the cars weight is calculated (all fluids topped up?).

Could this be one less reason for a swap

LOL

I wonder what an S2 V5 says

I’m sorry, but since i don’t live in England, i have no clue about what is the V5 document. Can someone enlight me?

Jose - Its our vehicle registration document

On my docs here in Holland it lists the S1 Elise as being 690kg Works well since road tax is calculated on the weight of the vehicle.

cute…

Another Dutch policy that looks friendly to my outlook in life…

Yes Rox - but when you buy a car here the tax is

I like the fact diesel is the same price in Euro cents as pound pence ( Not for my Exige obviously …)

Oh… ok.

But hasn’t Tim received his now that he sold the Exige?

Why has he received it, if he’s no longer the owner of the car?

By the way, is this the document that has the history of damage to the car?

Yes i did wonder about that too - Tim why did you receive the V5 after it was sold ???

We dont have any documents that record damage etc, the insurance companies maintain these on a database, if you want a record of insurance settled damage you have to pay for it

Any repairs you carry out yourself are not recorded anywhere.

Oh…

I had the impression that, in England, there was somekind of document, attached to the car’s registration, that kept record of all the damage inflicted to the car.

Aren’t some car’s classified as Cat D? Doesn’t this have to do with the damage the car suffered, perhaps in a major accident?

Cat C and D are classed as insurance write offs which can be repaired and used on the road

Cat A and B are classed as insurance write offs which are supposed to be scrapped by law

I personally wouldnt buy any of them

How could i identify a cat D car? Is it marked in someway, in the V5 or something?

[quote]Yes i did wonder about that too - Tim why did you receive the V5 after it was sold ???[quote]

The car was ‘sold’ without its existing reg no.This meant I had to get a revised V5 with an age related reg. before the sale could be completed.

So I got to read the new form first

So now I’m Exigeless in cumbria …with ‘a replacement’ on order

How could i identify a cat D car? Is it marked in someway, in the V5 or something?

The best thing to do is get a Full Car History Check done for around �30.00 .

This will also tell you about any finance owing , mileage , insurance write offs etc .

The main companies for this are

HPI 01722 422422
AA 0800 234999
Carwatch UK 0870 0107899
RAC 0870 5333660
Halfords 0870 3339060

Regarding V5s , I once looked at a dodgy car , and on the V5 it said " engine number unknown " when I checked it out it was a Cat C write off ???