New Sleigh

After some careful negotiations, I’m pleased to say that Santa has a new sleigh coming. It wont be here for Christmas, but pick her up in the new year. A nice big brother for the Exige.

Well done Will, that’s mega :thumbup:

What’s toys does it come with…

Merry Christmas

It’s the Competition Pack, DCT gearbox, leds, headup display, etc. Azurite black. Lovely colour but the pictures don’t do it justice. Best to google it. It was those rear arches that did it for me over the M4.

I like it.

Not quite the same but I have just got a 340 touring. I need an estate for my track bike, the dog and getting my track stuff (and Jerry cans) to the Caterham, you can’t get an M3 estate. I really wanted the pale m3 blue but it’s only available on real m3s. It’s therefore Estoril blue with red leather. Only 600 miles on the clock so can’t open it up yet. Same engine as the m3, just detuned. No manual box though, not sure about the auto.

Best of all, massive discount on the new price made it cheaper than a 1-2 year old car. I have a rumour that BMW get a bit competitive on price when Jaguar launch a competitor, the XF brake has just come out, I liked it but it was very expensive in comparison.

Nice car’s both of you :sunglasses:

Competition pack, yummy! :mrgreen:

Nice one Will.

Much prefer the M3 look to the M4. Looks more beefy like the E46 M3

Arches are my thing, too, Will.
Great car.

Yup, Hips are lovely! :laughing:

ok, here you go. Old farts :unamused:

Just a lowly 135I here …
But I’ve gotta say it ticks a few boxes , the straight 6 is awesome , always on boost…
NVH is soo tamed …
No leaks … no complaints so far .
It goes like stink when asked too

Ha, bloody ha! :clap:

Love that Will, pick of the ///M bunch.

I’ve had an M-Coupe and a 1M and they both had bulges in all the right places :thumbup:

I want another ///M now…

Great looking car Will.

massively biased opinion here, but they do make a cracking day to day car

Ben you coming out for a ride in mine now I’m able to open the taps?

Interesting - what sort of deal did you get if you don’t mind me asking… wish they did the xdrive 340 touring here !

Come on Will, where’s the pics and extended write-up of your first impressions?

I’ll post some thoughts when I’ve got a bit more time. Initial impressions are very good. Torque, and more torque, just need to get my head around the size given the previous daily was a Clio.
Some way to go before its run in and can really see what its capable of.

Was amused at these comments from the running in procedure, “Up to 1200 miles, … do not exceed 106mph. From 1200 miles to 3100 miles, speeds can be increased … to a continous speed … of approximately 137mph. The maximum speed of approximately 155mph should only be used briefly, for example when overtaking” Assume this means that after 3100 miles then we’re good to go at all times, not just for overtaking.

First proper run out today across to Birmingham for Autosport, really nice place to spend some time. The car, not the NEC :slight_smile:
Liking the HUD, I previously assumed they were a bit of a gimmick, but having the nav instructions and the speed up on the windscreen works really well.

Really nice Will. I test drove a car with HUD recently and found it very useful, it also had traffic sign recognition. Quite excellent. Beautiful car mate, love the wheels.

Yeah the HUD was a ‘fuck it why not’ option for me but now I really like the sat nav in vision and I use the phone options a lot.