New S2 questions

A couple of general questions about a new S2:

1. There is a cable with fuses connected which hangs down below the dash fascia. It cannot be seen from the driving position, but if yu look underneath it is visible and hanging freely. is this normal?
  2. There is a noticeable but unobtrusive squeak from the gear lever when shifting from 4th to 3rd. Normal?
  3. The roof squeaks at the connection along the back edge. from reading previous posts this seems pretty common. I’m guessing that the silicone spray method is recommended?
  4. There is a tinny sounding rattle from the back of the car most noticeable from outside when closing the drivers door. It sounds like two components in contact, maybe the heat sheild at the exhaust? Anyone else experience this?
  5. Lastly, when at idel the engine seems to hunt a bit. This seems to occur mostly when the lights, and fan are on, but also a bit when nothing additional is running. Again, is this normal?

These are all faily small issues, and I love driving the car so much I’m not overly concerned, but i still tought I should ask the questions.

Thanks,

Robert

Mate, if you wanna hear creaks, rattles, buzzing, squeaking, whirring, popping, banging and of course my well loved ‘yip’ then come out in my S1 your S2 will seem like a haven of civility!

Wow, I got so little reaction to this post! I hope I did not come across as complaining or being to finicky. If I did, please excuse me for it. I thought they were fairly legit questions. Maybe it’s due to the number of spelling errors? I’ll take these issues up with the dealer.

-robert

LOL! Sorry Robert, I think the S2 is still fairly new so we’re not too sure how much is a TADTS (They All Do That Sir)

But if I’d purchased a brand spanking new car and had any niggles I’d be back to the dealer to get them sorted (if I couldnt’ sort them myself easy enough)…

Even tho you don’t mind you may as well get it as close to 100% perfect as a lotus will ever be

A couple of general questions about a new S2:

1. There is a cable with fuses connected which hangs down below the dash fascia. It cannot be seen from the driving position, but if yu look underneath it is visible and hanging freely. is this normal?
  2. There is a noticeable but unobtrusive squeak from the gear lever when shifting from 4th to 3rd. Normal?
  3. The roof squeaks at the connection along the back edge. from reading previous posts this seems pretty common. I’m guessing that the silicone spray method is recommended?
  4. There is a tinny sounding rattle from the back of the car most noticeable from outside when closing the drivers door. It sounds like two components in contact, maybe the heat sheild at the exhaust? Anyone else experience this?
  5. Lastly, when at idel the engine seems to hunt a bit. This seems to occur mostly when the lights, and fan are on, but also a bit when nothing additional is running. Again, is this normal?

These are all faily small issues, and I love driving the car so much I’m not overly concerned, but i still tought I should ask the questions.

Thanks,

Robert

I’ll have a go then…

1. Isn’t that the OBD conenction for the ECU downloads?
  2. Mine Squeeks going Front to back - Will have dealer poke it.
  3. Mine squeeks ay the front edge - Heard a rumour of some sort of mounting fix but again - Dealer to sort it.
  4. Not had that one yet - a few others tho!
  5. Mines as rough as a badgers arse. Smoothed out abit now but not good enough. Supposedly and ECU update for teh Yota lumps.

Mine is in for Service (1000 Miles) tomorrow so i’ll find out a bit more.

RichB