Ok Guy’s I have been putting off posting this up for the 2 months i have had this in the car because i wanted to make sure all was ok and it worked as i had expected. To answer the initial questions:
- Yes it works with all the sensors currently in the car.
- Yes it comes with oil temperature sensor, and oil pressure sensor.
- it is very much like wiring in an emerald, just cut and solder.
- You can see it in any light, in fact it is better in direct sunlight.
- The carbon cowl needs some more fettling to have rounded edges at the back, but when i try to do 2 rounded sides i keep sanding them down to get them the same and end up with a piece much smaller than i started with so i i will get around to it soon.
Some details on the dash:
Fully street legal, with high beam, flicker and odo. Does fuel level and MPH or KM/h. is according to GPS and gearing which i know is correct, accurate to within 2 km/h at the worst, it uses the stack wheel speed sensor which you calibrate by driving 1km or 1 mile depending on your setting and it sorts all the rest out from there.
The swept bar is actually not that bad to read, it currently reads to 13K only because i like to have the 9000RPM section right in the centre, but can be set to read to any value.
Warning lights are configurable with a display in the corner and external warning lights, as well as the indicators on the left and the right. It drives an external shift light and can control the cooling fan as well.
And now for the best part, price for the complete kit is $695. All that is needed to complete the install is a oil temp adpator for the sump plug and a run of wiring. All the other wires are already at the stack unit. And obviously it a 1cm larger than the stack on either side a new cowl.
A web site with infor on the dash is available here, Racepak
I have the 250-DS-UDXSR. Any questions are welcome, it is really really good value, has all info directly in front of you, the alpha display is easily read and you can not miss any warnings.