New person! First post. A few questions.

Hello Everyone,

My first post, though I have been lurking around for some time. I have a few (probably daft) questions. I have been a Caterham owner (www.soggster.com) for some time, and have just sold it and I’m after something a bit more practical, so I’m going for an Exige Firstly my drive is quite narrow and I was wondering how wide they are with and without mirrors (S1)?

Also if I buy one with the 170odd bhp engine, how much is it to have the upgrade to 190odd bhp and is it worth it, or are there better alternatives for sensible money (not a new engine)?

Is black the coolest colour, is it yellow? (me hides)

Welcome !!

Re Drive they are not that wide but youll need enough space to open doors as they open out fairly wide (best description) so hoepfully it isnt too narrow with fence or wall either side… alternate is if youre slim, to wind windows down and try Dukes of Hazzard style entry and exit … (only kidding you’d have to be a gymnast).

If youre set on a 190 buy a car already fitted with the upgrade… if you’ve seen a 177bhp variant you like, try it and then try a 190 and then see if it sways you…

M

If you buy a “177” car, you’d be much better off buying an “Emerald ECU” & some vernier pullies, rather than going the Lotus 190 ECU route. Why? Because you can “map” the car properly so it runs smoothly at tickover/around town, plus you can optimise the engine’s power delivery.

Do a search on this bbs (eg posts by Uldis, RemarkLima, Phil & Bruno) & you’ll find lots of info about the Emerald upgrade.

Good luck with your hunt for your ideal car. Unfortunately, you’ll probably not have much choice of colour - only 600 cars were built, & not many come onto the 2nd hand market. It’s much better to buy on “provenance”, rather than colour

Is black the coolest colour, is it yellow? (me hides)

We’re all pretyy likeminded us…except on colour!

Ian

ps. See my signature pics for the best colour!

yellow is probably your best choice…

yellow is probably your best choice…

yellow … There is only one Exige colour… and the colour is BLACK

[quote yellow … There is only one Exige colour… and the colour is BLACK [/quote]

This is a fact

Mines BRG and it looks the dogs danglies!! Although black is the colour for me, it looks like a right weapon in black. Like a little Stealth Fighter

Sorry guys, Black isn’t a colour, it’s technically an absense of colour…

ergo black can’t be the best colour and therefore it default to Ali…

P.S. I must say AndyD’s car did look the nuts! And a very very tidy car!

P.S. I must say AndyD’s car did look the nuts! And a very very tidy car!

True - GJOB

Sorry guys, Black isn’t a colour, it’s technically an absense of colour…

ergo black can’t be the best colour and therefore it default to Ali…

abso-ferkin-lootley… and Ali is just a shade of grey which is a lighter shade of black so that’s in the same bucket…

Yellow or Orange or Green is the way to go… lets be honest eh…

Surely the politically correct brigade will tell you that whenever you want to say black you should say coloured, so black is a colour…

Anyway it calls it a colour in the catalogue, so it must be !!

I vote for black !!

Technically, black is an absense of colour, but a black object is something that absorbs all visible wavelengths because the object is actually a combination of ALL colours.
In reality, only a white or silver car can be said to have no colour.

I would suggest that the perfect car colour is blue. This would mean that the car absorbs the blue part of any light falling on it, and reflects the green and red parts. These colours then combine nicely in the human eye to form a colour I like to call Lotus mustard yellow

Ah so you want to talk about additive and subtractive colour principles?

Nope. Just wanted to make an overly long, pointless, irrelevent rationalization for why yellow is clearly the best

ROFLMAO

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!!!

Orange isn’t a colour! It’s a fruit!

And you could be sued by Orange (mobile phone co): http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0,39024665,39128035,00.htm

chrome orange, chrome orange, chrome orange!!!

why? My wife made me…she said that I could buy my toy as long as I bought it in a colour that can be seen. The last thing you want in a sub ton under 4’ car is to blend in. (And there is no chance of blending in in a chrome orange exige!)

-robert