New owner #001

Good evening all

I am now the proud owner of #001 (S1 Exige) and look forward to joining the chat on this forum - thank you for having me.

Ooo! You bought history :+1:t2::sunglasses:

Welcome

1 Like

Oh wow! Congratulations [mention]Palmergeddon[/mention]

Superb, saw #001 at Lotus Silverstone when I was on the hunt, and I wondered how long it will be before someone snaps it up.

Well done. :thumbup:

Congratulations - look forward to seeing and hearing more about #1. Hope you’re going to put some extra miles on it :sunglasses::+1:

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I plan on using the car and putting some much needed miles on. The guys at Lotus Silverstone have been great and have lent me a Caterham 270s while they complete a major service. I’ll add some photos once it arrives.

Loan car tucked away. Looks like the weather is going to make a change for the worse - should be lots of fun in the Caterham :smiley:

Wonderful! Hope you spend a lot of time driving it and keeping in touch here.

Congratulations, definitely a piece of history :slight_smile: IMO the cars do benefit from being used so glad it won’t be a garage queen :thumbup:

(Yes, I’m a hypocrite, mine’s been off the road for months :laughing: )

1 Like

Congratulations and welcome :thumbup: Both my dad and I have S1 Exiges (his from new) and I’m on my second S1 in Chrome orange with a Honda SC, I dabbled with a Caterham R300 in between my S1 Exiges, great car but very compromised for general road use. You will love the S1 I’ve drove both mine and my dads a few times in the last few days and both are very different but equally give huge smiles and grins. The reactions you get from pedestrians and other road users is nothing but positive :sunglasses:
Hopefully you can get out in the car soon.

Mark

Welcome, I have Marks (jabs) old S1 and a Caterham roadsport/academy. Can’t say I would ever want to take the Caterham on road but the Exige is like nothing else. Welcome to the forum. You will find this is the most useful and friendly lotus group.

Congrats on purchasing a piece of Lotus history :clap:

Superb on all counts and for everyone concerned. I’ve had a few sleepless nights thinking about buying 001 recently. Looks like I’ll sleep well tonight.

Congrats and enjoy.

Welcome, great choice, and a piece of Lotus heritage. Look forward to seeing it in person at an event in the future.

Congrats for this buy! :thumbup:
A question still in my mind, Do you know when your exige came out of the factory exactly? To know the real date of anniversary of the S1 exige model :angel:

You already had the No1 best Exige S1 on the planet Jonny. Love the Aston btw :thumbup:

1 Like

Brilliant, It’s great to hear these cars bought to then be used as intended. I was in touch with the original owner of my S1 Exige and he told me “drive it like you stole it, you’ll get the best out of it that way!” Of course keep them well serviced and looked after, then use. There is motorsport DNA in there afterall :slight_smile:

Great stuff, glad the owner has registered here as 001 was quite the talking point.

Please keep us up to date on your journey with it :slight_smile:

Chrome orange S1’s are the best Exige variant to be fair :wink::sunglasses:

Thanks all :slight_smile:

I originally put the deposit down a month ago and had to wait for the lockdown to ease - I took my Aston Martin Vantage down on Tuesday for the part exchange and to complete the deal. The car might be ready on Sunday, I’ll keep you posted.

[mention]tompel9582[/mention] the car was first registered on the 1st July, but according to the provenance cert it was signed from production on the 23rd June - so I would say its bday is the 23rd June.

[mention]jonnyfox[/mention] sorry buddy, i’m sure we can sort out a drive in future. I promise to use it for all to see and enjoy!

[mention]winthattt[/mention] the Caterham is an interesting car, I can see the appeal, but I don’t lust after one. It might be that I haven’t driven it enough - it has been sat in my garage unused since they gave it to me as a loan car. I’m too busy trying to work at home while being a home school teacher to a 5 year old and chasing after a one year old - I’m sure others are in a similar position.