Having just purchased an Elise I thought it would be a good idea for me to sign up.

Some of you might remember me from Donington last year, I was the guy with the digital video camera who skillfully managed to avoid recording any of the exciting action!

With regards to my Elise I am intending to go for Bernard’s 1.8T conversion which if all goes well will be completed sometime late in May.

I look forward to meeting some of you at a track day in the not too distant future. [color:“black”] [/color]

Greetings - have fun

I am intending to go for Bernard’s 1.8T conversion which if all goes well will be completed sometime late in May.

Welcome!

Let us know how you get on. I’m sure you’re not going to be hard to spot at trackdays with that engine!

Ian

welcome Maggsy - have fun, i cn’t imagine that will be a problem tho’ esp if you upgrade the way you mention excellente…

wow its busy round here tonight right enough…

I didn’t know Bernard was ready to do customer cars… sounds like an excellent option.

Steve already has the engine, and it looks brill !!

He’s out playing squash now, so he won’t hear this

Welcome!

Let us know how you get on. I’m sure you’re not going to be hard to spot at trackdays with that engine!

Ian

The engine is currently in the garage wrapped in polythene on a pallette waiting to be dragged onto Mike’s trailer.

Not sure how I am going to accomplish this though without a hoist

Steve

Is it really that heavy? One reasonably sturdy person can just about pick up a K-series or Honda K20A. Does it still have the transmission attached (which makes me wonder what trans you’re actually going to use?). You and a mate may be enough to shift it.

Ian

Ian

Steve has bought a 1.8 turbo engine complete with 6 speed gearbox from an almost brand new Seat Leon Cupra R, and Bernard Scouse is going to install it in Steve’s new Elise very shortly…

The engine and gearbox are about 40kgs heavier than the outgoing equivalent, so I suggested using my winch to drag the pallet up my ramps…

Only fear is that the pallet pulls apart…

We tried to lift it but wimped out - twas like lifting a house !!!

Anyone near Bristol with an engine hoist??

Ian

so I suggested using my winch to drag the pallet up my ramps…

Well done, Mrs Lane

She’s a fine lass !!

Anyone near Bristol with an engine hoist??

You can borrow mine, its all folded up in the corner of the garage, just need a bigish vehicle to collect with.

Thanks Phil - that’ll be plan B then !!