New member saying hello

A quick note to say hello as I have just bought a “maxxed” Elise i.e. ‘show’ without the ‘go’. It has a Motorsport body, Exige wheels and the Dynamics suspension kit but no engine modifications beyond CRP and filter.

[image]Used cars for sale | PistonHeads UK

(Should be a picture above - never tried to add one before!)

I bought it because I wanted to do some trackdays, having owned an Elise a number of years ago, and with a view to doing some kind of engine upgrade in a while if I get on ok with the car.

Is the kind of forum where I can get general advice even though the car is not an Exige?

Look forward to any responses

Will

Of course - go straight for 250 bhp with an audi conversion…

or there are quite a few VHPD K series for sale around here as people swap over to more powerful engines…

Welcome

Welcome!

And now you’ll realise that you’re spoilt for options.
I looked at that car and thought that If I didn’t have mine already that was the car I would be buying.
It was very cheap and now you just need to add �7-�10K and you’ll have a real monster.

Cheap: VHPD from some of the chaps here doing the next upgrades
or, if DIY, a DVA head with a 1.9 bottom end. A chap called Simon Erland (who loves K’s) is helping out a few of us to build some nice K’s.

Expensive: Honda engine. But normally aspirated, for the purists.

Most powerful (and not so expensive): Bernards Audi TT turbo conversion. The one.

Hi, Will you’ve come to the right place if you love Exiges.

Personally, I’d go down the Honda route. As tame as you want on the road, and as much of an animal on the track.

In the mean time, enjoy the downforce on track and the looks your car will get out on the road over an Elise.

Ian

Welcome on board!! The car looks great, the previous owner must have spent a fortune on it.

Sounds like all you need is some ooomph. Don’t worry though, all it takes is a quick trip to Maidstone Sports Cars or Bernard Scouse!!

Oh… and you might want to rob a bank first.

Thanks All, pleased to hear that it’s not a purist forum!

On the note of purism, is there a classic or definitive thread which explores the Audi vs Honda vs Duratec debate? If there is, I guess Mike will have contributed!!

Cheers
Will

HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA

On a more serious note, we were going to have a group test although all seems to have gone quiet. I’m still up for it though if somebody wants to resurect the idea.

Out of the three I think the Duratec is the least viable option though.

"Out of the three I think the Duratec is the least viable option though. "

Oi !

ducks for cover -

I’m sure the conversion is good, just not as developed as the other two.

…is there a classic or definitive thread which explores the Audi vs Honda vs Duratec debate?

I’d have said seloc.org probably have done it to death more than us. But come right back because we’re more lovely!

Ian