New Member, Back?

Hi all,
I have just bought another Exige Mk2, N/A Toyota engine.
It maybe that I’m back as I had a black otouring from new in 2004 and I’m pretty sure I was on the forum then.
Anyway this one is black, Touring spec, air con etc and a custom cream and black leather interior by the look of it.
You are probably going to be horrified but it was a cat S and is repaired to a good standard, just needs a few paint touch ups.
New A048s all around, nice Y type wheels, not much else to say really.
Had about 50 other cars in the intervening 10 or so years, yes literally 50 or so, I tend to change a lot.
Sold a Cayman S to buy it and so pleased that I did !
Seems to have a carbon intake system and filter on it and a sports exhaust with twin round tail pipes that sit flush to the diffuser: anyone who can identify it would be good.
Seems very very loud, too loud for track days, especially after the cam change.
Its only done 25,500 miles with a FSH and manuals, 2 keys, etc.
I will post some more pictures after the weekend.

Maybe someone recognises it as a former forum member’s car?

I can’t say I recognise it but it certainly looks good, well done.

You shouldn’t have any major dramas on the noise front, it’ll just be the exhaust packing or size depending on back box. I ran decat for years on track with aftermarket 421 manifold and decat, 93-4db. I fitted with a full OEM setup a worm like Quicksilver titanium briefly but it very soon burnt out and had me in the 105’s. Get the back box sorted, job done.

I never had exhaust noise problems but I did have induction noise problems with my S2, it had a Toyota trd intake which was totally unnecessary as it did nothing other than make a racket. John’s advice is good but also look at a standard airbox.

Nice looking Exige.

Sounds like you have a Pipercross air intake. Carbon pipe that runs to a filter next to side air intake?

I had one on my Elise SR and it was mental noisy when hit the cam. I changed back to standard and actually the car ran better then.

Keith! Not on an NA :smiley: It’s the forced induction wankers that worry about induction.

If I’ve offended anyone with an S after the word Exige, I’m sorry (not sorry :laughing: ).

Hi Chaps, just had a chat with Andy and I will now be back posting in my original name: pennpromo
Turns out that I did have an account back in 2005 or so.
Thanks for the comments, I have bought a noise meter to get a rough idea on what its running.6970K I think you are right about a Pipercross, its a carbon pipe with a cone filter down by the nearside air intake.

Bet the exhaust is a Stage 2 lotus one, very noisy when new and even noisier when old. Just find a decent aftermarket one to get it a bit quieter.

[mention]jonnyfox[/mention] You never offended me with your utter hate of forced induction, mostly because you were always behind us and we couldn’t hear you because of all the super charger whine :wink:

What! :astonished: :wtf:

These days I however only ever see the back of your R300 from my weedy little piece of french crap. :thumbup: