New Lotus engine??

Anyone seen the current edition of EVO?

The news article about the VVA concept talks of a s/c V6 engine, designed in house by Lotus

300BHP. Maybe on for the S3, or an entry level Esprit

Tim.

I saw that and assume its for the new Esprit ??

I have heard from a relieable source that the new Esprit engine will be a 400hp normally aspirated V8. I could not get out of him what the origin of the motor would be.

I have heard from a relieable source that the new Esprit engine will be a 400hp normally aspirated V8. I could not get out of him what the origin of the motor would be.

I read it was going to be a Merc AMG version

I read it was going to be a Merc AMG version

That’s a new one, common rumour is that it will be the old M5 engine.

Thre’ll be no chassis on the new Esprit either, it’ll be a stressed monocoque, apparently

Mag is in work, so I’ll re-read it tomorrow and make sure I didn’t get the wrong end of the stick

The EVO article doesn’t mention what development stage the engine is at (designed on paper, part tested, whatever).

But a new Esprit with ‘new’ technology AND a new engine would seem a big risk for a small manufacturer

Tim

My memory’s a bit hazy, but I think I read somewhere that V6 was developed for Iveco for a small truck or something like that

Mag is in work, so I’ll re-read it tomorrow and make sure I didn’t get the wrong end of the stick

Dug the mag out and can’t find the article , so I either made it up or read it in WHSmiths when I was browsing…its going to annoy me, so I’ll have to go back tomorrow and check!

I either made it up or read it in WHSmiths when I was browsing…

‘It’s not a library you know’…is what they said to me once…although I was playing pocket billiards reading a copy of Womans Own.

better than a library - they have things I actually want to read