new Exige S options

There isn’t an S3 even in the pipeline.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Lotus are past masters at keeping things under wraps. The launch of the S2 Elise seemed to take everyone by surprise, including the motoring press, and that was in spite of the fact that Lotus put up a new factory to build it and the VX220. The S2 Elise came out late 2000 and looks almost exactly the same now, so surely at least a heavily reskinned S2.5 Elise/Exige has to be on the cards soon? Pretty unusual in the motoring industry these days for a car to be in production so long without a face lift. Mind you, I have been thinking that an S3 was just around the corner for over a year now so who knows

Mark

I’ve got my sources…

Will your sources let you know when i can get a cup roof for my S

I can ask but that a bit low level info… but I should try to find out before my other mate spends too much time and effort to make a carbon one…

Did one of the photos posted earlier just showed an extended scoop bonded to the std roof panel? (can see it due to firewall at work)

b&c saying the performance pack is a new car option only (08 model)… i truly hope that is NOT the case…

It’d be nice to know Lotus were offering replacement tyres and rear LED lights as an option with the new packs - what’s the point of all this product development if you can’t use the things because basic replacement parts aren’t available - I do wonder about their priorities sometimes…(and my next new car will probably be a 911 again…)

dealers dont know jack about any options.

I am sure Motorsort will be able to sell the the upgrades and if they cannot Plans will.

Just to share… My local (Singapore) Lotus dealer has also informed that the performance upgrade is a new car option and will not be available to existing Exige S owners.

Will your sources let you know when i can get a cup roof for my S

Saw loads of these at the Lotus Open Day. They are certainly not a hack but a full new moulding and look very cool indeed. Every LH drive car on the production line had this fitted as standard. Now there’s a thought.

Eric

I know what you mean. I was very suprised to discover that the Exige S does not have an LSD as standard! If Im going to shell out 65,000 I would like the whole package. I hate to say it but it made me start to look at the Vette.

I want one

I want one

…the 08 looks stunning…mines bin on order for some time…without any doubt a better package than my 05 model…many many months ago…
although i will bring the 05 up to a similar spec with the s/c kit from my buddy’s at sector111…
as soon as the 08 arrives the 05 will be off the road for some little mods…aka ronin…frank…your car is nuts…
its about time i have some of your magic on the 05…
keep those canyon’s alive buddy!!!

Dude, it only gets better…I picked up 17rwhp and 10ft,lb tq at 8,500 with a new CAI and exhaust…when are ya commin back over ?