NEW EXIGE IMMINENT

LIKE I SAID A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. A NEW EXIGE IS COMING. HOLD ONTO YOUR CASH FOR NOW!
MY LOTUS INTERNAL SPY DON’T TALK RUBBISH UNLIKE SOME OF YOU DOUBTERS OUT THERE WHO DISMISSED MY ORIGINAL TIP OFF!!!
SO WHO WANTS TO KNOW THE FIGURES THEN???
BRING IT ON!

I do - bring it on, Huskydog

Haven’t seen you for ages (18 months?) - are you bringing the Orange beastie to Donington on Weds?

38 - 24 - 38 ???

38 - 24 - 38 ???

RussT is now definately looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday

Funny thing is, and you may not believe me, but I can’t even remember sending that one at 2-21am…

Remember the song RED RED WHINE ??

I did doubt you and I’ll admit when I’m wrong - except I’m yet to see a new Exige! A fast S2 with a roof and silly little rear wing so far.

And to think during my hol I’d talked myself in to taking the new one seriously! It doesn’t even look like they’re going to mold a new rear clam - come on Lotus!

It better be significantly quicker or Lotus are just diluting their brand!

Ian

They are, this is not a car intended to us (hardcore drivers, already Exige owners)
They are approaching a different market, newcomers that expect electric windows, aircon, ABS, cup holders and they have no point of comparison.

I hope at least the final one is different than the pics I have seen, otherwise it’s going to be BAD.

There was a large article on the new Exige in Autocar (not sure if its this weeks or last weeks!).

190bhp, and I think it was under 900kg thats all I can remember off the top of my head, looks quite nice tho…supposed to be out next March. Price was I think �32 - 35k

So who is thinking of selling their current one for a new one

You tryin to sweet-talk someone into selling you their exige then??

Nobody’s admitted to it yet! At the very least I think test drives will be required, which may tell you something about the non-startling reactions.

Ian

I could be very hard on a car on a test drive

Assuming a “base price” of �32K, I’d have to spend at least �3k to bring it up to track spec. eg brakes, rear toe-links, seats & harnesses. So let’s say �35K! Assume I’d get �20K for mine (track sorted), then I’d be paying around �15K just to trade for something which I don’t particularly like the looks of, & with no enhanched performance.

Nah, I’ll save my dosh, keep a “classic” & get a Honda installation when I can afford it!

But if I won the lottery, I’d have one as an everyday road car, bung a Honda engine/gearbox in my MK1, & hire a circuit & Gav for a week of intensive driver training.

But if I won the lottery, I’d have one as an everyday road car, bung a Honda engine/gearbox in my MK1, & hire a circuit & Gav for a week of intensive driver training.

During the week, can you please make Gav driver them hard back-to-back and see which is quickest (perhaps before and after Honda conversation too - better check if Jonny is free as well then)!

Ian

Even better than the hypothetical - both Gav & Russ are at Anglesey this weekend

You tryin to sweet-talk someone into selling you their exige then??

Would I do that

Seriously tho, I was just interested to see if anyone was going to get a new one. I didn’t even know they were bringing one out until I saw it in the mag. I think it was last weeks as it was dated 23 Sept. If I remember I’ll post the rest of the info that was on there later.

(I got a new job now, so you never know I could be in an Exige in the near future…)

This is the closest I have been so far to having one best car of the day for me (until I went back to drive the Noble!!). http://www.lisaselby.btinternet.co.uk/supercarexperience/supercarex.html

Lisa

All the info from the Autocar article is already posted up on this bbs - thanks anyway.

Even better than the hypothetical - both Gav & Russ are at Anglesey this weekend

You have to get him to give us an impression (even if you have to dress it up as not coming from him due to his employer’s choice of an alternative Japanese engine supplier - hope that’s alright Russ).

Ian

I also wonder what spin he’ll put on the new Exige???

Ian

Pesky

You know we need the full low down from Gav ehhh…

I am hoping Gav is going to drive mine, then we can see what it is really capable of…