New exhaust

Please can someone out there tell me a good aftermarket performance exhaust to go for. I have owned my Exige for 3 weeks now and I am quite happy that the baffles in my exhaust have just given up the ghost Whats the best out there for sound etc.

I am probably biased, but read THIS thread…

The sound is brilliant, and the cost is low…

Rich

Not an easy one, as it will depend upon personal taste, & whether or not you are concerned about trackday noise levels! A search of this bbs archives will refer to all the exhausts mentioned below.

The Janspeed (Lotus Supersports) & Eliseparts exhausts sound quite high pitched - on full chat, a bit like a Ferarri 360. The Powerspeed & Racespeed sound much deeper. All are comparatively loud.

Car when fitted with any of the above, & a cat replacement pipe is unlikely to pass 106db noise limit, let alone the 98db at some circuits. However, when fitted with a silenced cat replacement pipe, the car should be okay at all circuits.

All the above are decent quality products, although they do vary in weight, but are still lighter than the factory fitted jobbie.

You should really get yourself to a trackday (driving or spectating) where there are a few Exiges to listen to/have a passenger ride.

Hope this helps.

You should really get yourself to a trackday (driving or spectating) where there are a few Exiges to listen to/have a passenger ride.

Come to Oulton Park Friday 12th December (click link)

You are welcome to come out with me, and I’m sure that you will find just about every other alternative back to back, as it were!!

Biased? Mike? Nooooo

But if you accept his indecent proposal you’ll have a chance to hear most of the exhausts that are there in the market, and make yourself an opinion on the one you want.

Welcome!
Uldis

To All: Thanks very much for the info, I think I will get myself to Oulton Park on the 12th December, its a long time to put up with the racket the baffles are making but I am sure it will be worth it in the long run

See you all there?

(New) Exige Addict

Not quite Rich, I think you’re about 396 posts short of being an ‘addict’ but welcome to the clan.

Ian

Is the Janspeed super sports the same as the Lotus Supersports one. If it is Race Speed sell mild steel or stainless versions - I can’t decide which - is benefit of stainless just time it lasts or is it lighter?
Steve

Is the Janspeed super sports the same as the Lotus Supersports one

Can’t answer your other questions but the answer to this one is YES - and according to the stamp on mine Janspeed also made the original 177bhp exhaust as well

I thought Lotus stopped using Janspeed as an exhaust supplier when they went bust a while back. I know Janspeed are back in business, and supplying a slighly different system to what they offered before. I’m just not sure who now supplies Lotus.