new driver questions

hi
picking up my new s2 exige in a few weeks.

Just wondering if ground clearance was ok with regards to multistory carparks.

Is the exige the same ride height as a basic s2?
My friedn has one and he mentions there are no problems with clearance on his

Nop, I just checked and believe it is higher. 130mm for the S2 and I think the S1 is 110mm.

Which I would think would be good news for you.

Ian

Yep, it’s the same. From the 111R/Exige S2 handbook ‘standard Elise/roadsport Elise/Exige’ are all 130mm. So no probs with speed humps & the like.

Can’t comment on multi-car parks though.

Tim.

Yep, it’s the same.

Ah yes, when I said “Nop”, what I actually meant to “Yes”.

The S2 Exige is not the same as S1 Exige, but the same as the S2 Elise. Thanks Tim.

Ian

Ah yes, when I said “No”, what I actually meant to “Yes”.

So when did you have your sex change Ian?

Don’t think there will be a problem, but bear in mind the ride height isn’t the only factor - you have to consider the lower front overhang due to the splitter.

Cheers

In gereral use its fine, most speed humps dont cause a problem. But I did manage to ground the front splitter on one extra large hump which happened to be just at the bottom of a ramp up out a carpark but only the odd scratch underneath of the splitter, mental note dont go to bloody furniture warehouse shops good excuse to take the mrs’s car next time.

Also there is only a few millimetres clearance when entering my garage due to an acute ramp in …

My front splitter was very scraped, but from the road runs.
The bolts that hold the license plate holder were worn throgh.

See, some of the roads up here arelike roller coasters, lots of fun!

Wear yous scars with pride.

(I just resprayed the whole front BTW )

I do have a few problems with approach angles at multistory car parks in my S2 Exige.

Kensington Hilton in london is the worst (thought i was going to loose the splitter)

Bottom edge of my front splitter is covered in scratches but none from speed bumps, all from steep car parks (i always go as slow as possible to)

The scratches aren’t visable unless you lie on the pavement, but just hope it dosn’t fall off one day.

Chris H

So when did you have your sex change Ian?

LOL!