New conversions ...

Has anyone heard of any new engines conversions coming to market soon ? Are the audi or honda conversions going to be updated to the later spec engines ? Just interested and bored.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Duratec engine conversions start becoming available again… I think Geary was considering making them available again if there was a demand…

what advantage does that conversion have over the honda/audi ? is it cheaper or easier to tune ?

I think it should be a fair bit cheaper as it can re-use the existing gearbox for a start…and a brand new engine can be bought for ~2k I believe.

Seems to be running pretty well in the LOT series too ! (although I would imagine thats had a fair bit spent on it to be producing ~250bhp)

Expect DBW to be looked at in the Honda camp. The new Type-R are all DBW so once people start crashing them…

Expect DBW to be looked at in the Honda camp. The new Type-R are all DBW so once people start crashing them…

Who’s DBW?

Sorry drive by wire

So no one is thinking of squeezing an evo FQ360 engine in an exige then, come on someone can do it

DBW (NB. as the VX already uses) with a JRSC intercooler I think might happen…

why would you want dbw ? the bmw I drove with it had a short delay before responding … have the systems improved since 2005 ?

TC or boost control are just two options

Surely new throttle plate motors are available nowadays with very low response time. Heck the RC cars use servos which have a super response time and can move about 60deg in less then 0.1 of a sec.

Yeah Steve Williams Duratec powered car is an absolute weapon. It really does fly!!! I spoke to him about the spec at Brands last weekend, it has some different cams and a very lightly ported head and made over 250BHP. He said they had to limit the revs to keep inside the power limits for class B. If I wasn’t as far down the road as I am with my 2 litre K series, I would be fitting a Duratec!!

Yeah Steve Williams Duratec powered car is an absolute weapon. It really does fly!!! I spoke to him about the spec at Brands last weekend, it has some different cams and a very lightly ported head and made over 250BHP. He said they had to limit the revs to keep inside the power limits for class B. If I wasn’t as far down the road as I am with my 2 litre K series, I would be fitting a Duratec!!

Interesting Sean…I hope the kit becomes available again! Do they have any further options above 250 ? What capacity is Steve running 2.0 ?? - surely a 2.3 would be even better?

Nitron’s race car had 300hp from the 2.3?

I must have missed a thread or something. Can someone please explain why the duratec conversion isnt available ? Thanks.

Raceco (he used to build Guzzi engines)can build you a300+bhp n/a duratec. Its supposed be a very strong engine

Raceco (he used to build Guzzi engines)can build you a300+bhp n/a duratec. Its supposed be a very strong engine

For how much though ?

here they are;-

http://www.mountuneonline.com/searchresult.aspx?categoryid=190 >

nice and cheap