New car No.2

I am embarrassed to admit that having puchased Kenton’s old silver exige (X1 GUN)I fell for a newer, similar spec. exige which appeared in the same showroom the day after I got the silver car!! This car is in Nautilus Blue and, IMHO, looks quite stunningAnyway, to cut a long story short I did a swap at a sensible price and am delighted with exige no. 2Question though: the temperature as shown on the STACK seems to hunt between 82 and 89 incessantly - never really settling down. is this something I should be worried about?Thanks ken

quote:Originally posted by Ken Baird:Question though: the temperature as shown on the STACK seems to hunt between 82 and 89 incessantly - never really settling down. is this something I should be worried about?Blimey Ken, you seem more of a nutter than I am when it comes to swapping cars. Why didn’t you keep Kenton’s car ? (surely, not just because of the colour…) Did his have the 190 kit ? Does the new one ?As for the temperature, it sounds about “normal” (whatever that is)A std. 177 car has an 86degs thermostat, so it’d be normal to see it a few degrees either side of this as it cuts in/out.(FWIW A 190 car should have an 82 deg thermostat)But then I’m not really the person to speak to regarding engine temperatures, as mine goes from 79->110 at the moment.

Ken, if the change is reasonably gradual, then no, it’s probably telling the truth; if it’s very quick, then you may have a faulty sensor and / or Stack unit.

It was a combination of things. The colour and interior of the new car are much more to my liking. The problem I had is that I would definitely have bought this car had the two been side by side and would, therefore, always have regretted it. In the circumstances I took a very modest hit to change to a car which still has 7 months MANUFACTURERER’S warranty.There were also some glitches with the old car - a paint respray which wasn’t right (they sprayed OVER the steel nuts/washers on the splitter - can you believe that!!); badly stained interior, scratched chassis;badly leeking passenger door (discovered the night after I took delivery) etc. So although it drove brilliantly it wasn’t quite what I wanted (I am a bit of a perferctionist on cars).What I should have done is not taken the car with the faults originally, but, what the hell.The new car has the 192 kit and braided hoses and I had Kenton’s exhaust swapped onto it…I am now a very happy bunny…The only problem is that having bought the plate X111GUN to go with the old car it doesn’t sound right for this car so I think I need another plate. Thinking of S5EET to match the one on the Sport 350 (S4EET)!!mad or what!!Any other ideas?:-)ken

Ken I thought was bad changing cars. I now have a new Griff 500 after dumping the Cerbera. Bit of a perfectionist myself as I would not continue with a car who’s engined explodes after 1000 miles of use. What have they been doing to my old car stained seat (no comment surely not enough space for that kind of thing), stratched chasis leaking door. No wonder you got rid of it.I may take the plate of your hands for the right price

quote:Originally posted by X1 GUN:Ken I may take the plate of your hands for the right priceKentonPlease email me off line or call (0207 832 7168). i would be interested in sellingCheersken

Looks like I’ve just bought X1 GUN. Part-ex’ed my Elise S160 for it. Anything I should know about it?

Basically its a sound car - a number of the niggles got sorted before I swapped it, so you have the benefit of my over zealous eye!!You will find there is probably a water leak (quite bad) from the passenger door - they may have made an attempt to fix it, they may not.There is a bad scratch on the passenger lower chassis member.There are no books for the stereo. The second remote battery needs replacing.But mechanically it is a very sound car!! Now if you are interested in the X111 GUN plate let, let me know, as it is for saleFeel free to e mail me off line!!Ken