Nankang CRS vs Yokohama A052 longevity

Hello all

My front 052s on my exige are about due for replacement due to heat cycles rather than out of tread.

My rears are around 1900mi old and are about done for.

Question is for those running the CRS ; what are you seeing in terms of longevity?

Although not the answer you’re looking for, a mate of mine put some on his S2 when he couldn’t get hold of 52’s. He noted that while comparable in the dry, the 52’s were much better in the wet.

He’s not had them long but I can ask him if they are better in terms of longevity.

I did chat with the lad from Seriously Lotus at Croft though and he reckons they last a fair bit longer.

(Edit- my mate said he’ll be along shortly to answer for himself :grin:)

2 Likes

We ‘expect’ them to last longer based on the very very very small information we have from the V6 platform

1 Like

I’ve untapped the secret to long life A052

Yes, I’ve been running them on the rear for a few hundred miles plus 1 track day.
They seem to be wearing well, too soon to say though.
Dry grip is impressive but the wet grip is nowhere near the A052’s, which wore out very quickly, but I’ll be going back to them next time.

2 Likes

Does it involve moving house?

1 Like

Useful feedback, thanks

Are the front sizes (17”) for S3 Wxiges now E marked?

ALL CR-S are and always have been E marked

Ah. I thought some weren’t E marked. On the Nankang UK website some sizes are described as motorsport only so there is some question of road legality, no?