my toy

You’ll be pouncing on them underbraking!

i think it should have enough to keep up with them in a straight line, out accellerate, faster through bends and out brake them.

You’ll never beat one at powersliding though

And to out-accelerate one you’ll need to crack 0-100mph in sub 8.4 seconds.

That’ll be a monster if you can manage it !

That’s alot of power/energy to find cooling for - what extra plumbing is required ?

I don’t think all Skylines do 0-100 in 8.4secs

Joe’s Exige in NA trim does 0-60 in 3.7sec and 0-100 in 8.9sec.

mine is Supercharged…

the Honda Engine is fine with the existing Lotus cooling system. it runs on my Supercharged Civic Type-R without any problems.

ah… Admin5 didn’t you have a Supercharged Exige for sale? remember what you said to me?

I don’t think all Skylines do 0-100 in 8.4secs

You’d be surprised. The car in standard trim is intentionally restricted. Once you’ve freed it up (exhaust/filter) 0-100 in sub 9 is par for course, and in-gear times are pretty sensational too.

Joe’s Exige in NA trim does 0-60 in 3.7sec and 0-100 in 8.9sec

Is this Joe McCarthy ?..

the Honda Engine is fine with the existing Lotus cooling system. it runs on my Supercharged Civic Type-R without any problems

Right, but that’s front engined with all that cool air being rammed into the front-end of the car.

The TT260 had lots of extra cooling to cope with the extra heat that was generated by supercharing it. I was just curious how it’s being dealt with in your car.

Don’t misinterpret my questions as a dig, I’m very interested in the conversion and if it works well, it’s something I’d consider buying.

yes, Joe McCarthy car,
the conversion works, Vasilli got a JRSC on his now.

I think you find that the Honda K is lot different to the Rover K. cooling is a lot better, infact the problem that Joe has been having was getting the car up to temp, this has now been ironed out and works a treat according to sources other than Joe.

i don’t have a problem with your questions here

very very impressive ahki…

keep us posted with developments…

Awesome. That is going to be a mad machine. Let us know of the times you get from it.

Did you get the kit from Joe yet ?

Did you get the kit from Joe yet ?

yes thanks, i got it a while back now.

[image]http://elise.pinkcore.com/forum/uploads/ahki/CE3_DSC01399.JPG[/image]
[image]http://elise.pinkcore.com/forum/uploads/ahki/26D_DSC01402.JPG[/image]
[image]http://elise.pinkcore.com/forum/uploads/ahki/Z4C_DSC01431.JPG[/image]
[image]http://elise.pinkcore.com/forum/uploads/ahki/9A9_DSC01436.JPG[/image]
[image]http://elise.pinkcore.com/forum/uploads/ahki/17F_DSC01439.JPG[/image]

What a super snug fit, almost looks like it was made for it!

Do you know what the bhp is yet?

Ian

Ian

yeah fitting is very good. joe, did a very good job at that.

when I was fitting it, I had doubts that it would ever fit, and then Presto! it all fits.

BHP figures… this is a very sensitive topic… I have my ideas, but we shall see what it produces, once it is tested.

Ian

yeah fitting is very good. joe, did a very good job at that.

when I was fitting it, I had doubts that it would ever fit, and then Presto! it all fits.

BHP figures… this is a very sensitive topic… I have my ideas, but we shall see what it produces, once it is tested.

Looks very neat - especially the snug fit of the supercharger - be very interested in the RR figurs …

What ECU ?

ahki

fan-ta-stick… where can we see it then?..

when can you give us graphs and figures?

when did you finish it and where have you driven it… or rather wots it like matey… ??

AndyD, the ECU, is a Lotus Specific Hondata K-Pro (I am a Hondata Dealer) fully programmable ECU.

RoxTeddy, sorry, the car is not finished yet. I’ve got a few projects on my hand. It will be finished soon, and I will do a Secret RR test and tuning before unveiling it. but I will let EXIGES.COM the first to know the results…

I’m sure this isn’t your target, but there was a mag in the States last week that had got a Civic Type-R to 450bhp!

Can you imagine that though! Probably enough to even keep Mike Lane happy!

Ian

450Hp! is great to have for boasting rights!
but i am not looking for that.

IDG, you sure it’s not an Si and not a type-R? type-R’s are not available in the US.
I was in LA a few weeks ago, I drove a Turbo charged EP3 (civic) by Rev-Hard. this is a K20A3 nothing compared to a K20A Type-r motor. This thing was undrivable. As soon as it came on boost, it was all over the place.

ahki

keep us posted cheers

ahki, I just called it a Type-R as it clearly looked like one on the front of the mag, I suspect you’re right with the Si name.

450bhp eh, nice in the straights, a tad harder to drive in the bends!

Ian

AndyD, the ECU, is a Lotus Specific Hondata K-Pro (I am a Hondata Dealer) fully programmable ECU.

Mmmmm - Interesting Thanks