My S2

Hi everyone,

I picked up my Exige on Friday. (Good Friday that is!) I wanted to thank everyone who posts and responds on this site for all their great questions, answers, and comments. I’ve been reading them for a while and it really helped prepare me for my first weekend of ownership.

My S2 is Chrome Orange, which really is a fantastic color for this car! I went for the Touring pack, mostly due to the use the car will get, and the Stage 1 sports exhaust. I’ve put on 275 miles this weekend following the manual, and your comments, related to braking in. Over the four days the car has continued to feel smoother, more poised, and more together. It is so wonderful to drive, (as if I have to convince anyone of you.) I have gotten more positive comments from complete strangers, sport bikes giving thumbs up, a gent at the petrol station said he had seen it on topgear, but had no idea how it would look in the flesh. I could not figure out how to get right to Mac homepage pictures, so I’ve attached a link to some photographs.

Thanks again, and see you on the road, or at Croft.

Regards,

Robert

Photos here

Good stuff - see you at Croft (by which time you’ll have done 5K miles, cos you won’t want to stop driving it)

PS Have you booked Croft - we’re up to 27 on track without you?

I’ll book tomorrow, I wanted to get some milage under my feet before commiting. (Plus I had to get see if my better half had already made plans!)

Thanks,

Robert

robert

looks excellent… hope you enjoy many happy miles

seeyou at croft

Robert - Your car is awesome!

I am glad you like it. Please keep us posted with all of the fun you’re having.

I am here in the States and Lotus just announced the Exige S2 will be coming in the fall. Luckily, I already have my deposit in. Now to decide, Ardent Red or Chrome Orange.

Let me guess, you like…Chrome Orange.

Congrats Robert!

I particularly like the pics from above and behind.

Ian

Congrats Robert!

I particularly like the pics from above and behind.

Ian

I have heard that about you…

Stormy,

I’m actually an American living in the UK, and have been working diligently since arriving to procure a UK drivers license, built up no claims bonuses, etc, just so I could buy an Exige and afford the insurance! Now if they do export the Exige to the US, I’ll be able to bring it back if my company makes me return! This is great news if it’s true. Either way 2 years with the Exige, especially in chrome orange, is worth every pence.

And on the color; yes, go for orange, it is absolutely wonderful. the car brings a smile to everyone’s face.

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks Ian,

I’ve found that the car looks so changes character a great deal when photographed from different angles. I don’t think any photographs really prepare you for what either an S1 or S2 Exige looks like in person. But it sure is a great subject to shoot! (Ans even better to drive!)

Thanks,

Robert

I have heard that about you…

Take’em any way you can get them Russ.

Ian

Robert, there are some differences between the UK and Federal Elise (one being reflectors on bumpers (sorry fenders to you ) if I recall correctly). I assume it’ll be the same for the Exige, so you may want to discover the differences in case you need to ship it back.

Ian

Ian,

Thanks for the heads up. To be honest, I’m hoping to stay in the UK and not return to the US. So hopefully I’ll never need to worry about it. (But still it’s good to know that it may be possible.)

-robert