My Quartz Exige-R

[image]http://gallery.seloc.org/displayimage.php?pos=-160[/image]

Honda N/A coversion
Nitrons (400lb/500lb)
AP rotors/ali-belled with RS14 pads
Edwards front and rear splitters/diffusers.

Mindblowing, razor sharp performance now…I’m in Luuuuurve

Here it is

[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

Pesky, the picture fixer.

Pesky, the picture fixer.

is that another euphemism???

…and nice motor

Is that the standard rear wing with bits bolted on to each side? Or is that a completely new rear wing?

In any case, I like I want�.

Many thanks to the Pesky Picture Fixer. Being a computer noob means anything beyond the “hunt-n-peck” method of one finger typing is magic to me.

Yes the endplates are an experiment I am trying. I had a spare wing I had bought from Ebay(off Graham Horgan of Plans fame) last year, but always thought that they needed endplates. Having this thing sitting there gathering dust as I sold my first exige, I now have my second one and decided to try something without making holes in the original. I got Plans to order a set of Lotus MS carbon endplates, and they drilled some rivnuts into the wing and fitted them as seen. Nothing has been cut off the wing except when you remove the plates you have 2 small holes each side(very clean looking threaded rivnuts). I then got Sinclaires to spray the wing(it was lazor blue originally) when ever they had to do some Metallic Quartz painting and this is the result. I really like the look as it finishes the wing off, and you avoid having to make big slots in the clam to fit a full width MS wing.

Mon plaisir, Carsten

Must say, I do like those endplates

I am currently debating if I want a MS engine cover. A bloke here on exiges can make them, so have ordered one to fit. The only problem is that with the Honda, MSC fit a divider wall thus giving you a real boot(which is great!), and fitting a slatted cover will let water in. Decisions, decisions

Carsten How much were the MS carbon end plates? If you don�t mind me asking.

I cant find the receipt at the moment, but roughly �80+vat springs to mind…

Thanks Carsten

Will give Plans a call.

I then got Sinclaires to spray the wing(it was lazor blue originally) when ever they had to do some Metallic Quartz painting and this is the result.

Must be the light in the photo but the colour looks alot like new aluminium, which would have been right for an X plate. Has someone resprayed it?

Carsten, it is possible to have a motorsport engine cover & a dry boot. I made some fibreglass DUCTS for mine which direct the water forwards into the engine bay. I’m sure you could do something similar.

(I’m please to note the Exige S2 has a very similar design under the mesh cover, although it has a fully sealed boot).

I then got Sinclaires to spray the wing(it was lazor blue originally) when ever they had to do some Metallic Quartz painting and this is the result.

Must be the light in the photo but the colour looks alot like new aluminium, which would have been right for an X plate. Has someone resprayed it?

Nah… its quartz metallic…paintcode B89. Its a darker version than new ali, yet lighter than titanium.

I am considering getting a full repray next year, but to Gunmetal instead.

Carsten, it is possible to have a motorsport engine cover & a dry boot. I made some fibreglass > DUCTS > for mine which direct the water forwards into the engine bay. I’m sure you could do something similar.

(I’m please to note the Exige S2 has a very similar design under the mesh cover, although it has a fully sealed boot).

The MS cover I am getting has not had the slats cut yet. So I am considering leaving the lower ones uncut to keep most of the water out

I think you’d have to leave the lower 4 (2 each side) to keep the water out, depending on where your boot divider is.

Surely it’s hardly worth fitting the cover if you block half of the holes.

That Quartz colour is fantastic and I believe quite rare on Exige S1s as it was actually an S2 colour…it looks great in your pictures!

carsten im after a motorsports cover also, would need some thing to keep the boot area dry.
Let me know how you get on.

christian

…a full repray next year, but to Gunmetal instead.

Good man!