My new Exige S

It would be interesting to find out if the same model of blower is used on both the 240 and the S. If they are the same but the 240s are geared to run faster then I’m surprised its the Ss which are failing?

I’m going to start collecting 240 bits…

Just out of interest can people that have taken delivery of Exige S’s please tell me how many miles they have done… thanx!

I had my Cup240 for 1 week when at 600 miles the supercharger failed in the same way. I was told the bearings had collapsed and was possibly caused by the belt being too tight. I voiced my concern about debris getting into the cylinders also, but this was dismissed. I now have 3000miles on it with no further troubles, so fingers crossed nothing got in.

[quote]It would be interesting to find out if the same model of blower is used on both the 240 and the S.

I’m told by my local dealer that it is the same SC, just different output settings for, wait for it, improved reliability
Denis

I had my Cup240 for 1 week when at 600 miles the supercharger failed in the same way. I was told the bearings had collapsed and was possibly caused by the belt being too tight. I voiced my concern about debris getting into the cylinders also, but this was dismissed. I now have 3000miles on it with no further troubles, so fingers crossed nothing got in.

A haaaa, that is exactly what mine has done. SO what did they do? put an identical supercharger on? but this one seems ok. THe thing is they are putting another on my car but say it might go again. SO im wondering how many miles i will get out of it before the bearings fail again. Mine did 1158 miles but im going touring abroad in 2weeks. Whats the betting it breaks again. Hope i get 3000miles like you have!

Not to knock them in the factory, but don’t they go on about the reason they are slower into the market is because they have have to complete all sorts of development and testing before they are happy to release a product.

If this was an aftermarket supplier, people would be thinking they were a bit of a cowboy outfit and had released too early or didn’t really know what they were doing.

Not to knock them in the factory, but don’t they go on about the reason they are slower into the market is because they have have to complete all sorts of development and testing before they are happy to release a product.

If this was an aftermarket supplier, people would be thinking they were a bit of a cowboy outfit and had released too early or didn’t really know what they were doing.

That’s what I though about the brakes… They now want an engineer from AP Racing Brakes to be in attendance, whilst the vehicle is inspected and tested. Sounds abit like field development to me. At least my supercharger is still in one piece, seems like I have that happy event to look forward to…

Was it the Elite or Elan that had all the warrantee claims written off as development cost?

[quoteThey now want an engineer from AP Racing Brakes to be in attendance, whilst the vehicle is inspected and tested. [/quote]

At least that’s movement in the right direction for you. Can’t you get the inspection at AP’s factory, see if they will give you a tour and then try and blag something exotic off them as a goodwill gesture

[quoteThey now want an engineer from AP Racing Brakes to be in attendance, whilst the vehicle is inspected and tested.

At least that’s movement in the right direction for you. Can’t you get the inspection at AP’s factory, see if they will give you a tour and then try and blag something exotic off them as a goodwill gesture [/quote]
Trouble is that the problem is with the disks not the calapers and AP don’t supply the disks.
I can’t make up my mind if this is a genuine attempt to get it resolved or another delaying tactic. Would AP say as their masters order, or push their disks as a solution?