My Lotus Audi Elige S1 340r

Hi Lads and Ladets,

Its not an Exige,as to say, but close…so, wondered if you dint mind terribly, that i post a pic :unamused: taken by a fellow seloc’er at lotus festival 2014

No problemo. That’s Tony Doe’s old car right? Have you bought it? That car is very well known, did it even race once at Snett or Silverstone? It also had a big fire at Bedford. Very quick car.

I presume none of the above is news if you did buy it?

Always loved the look of that car… :smiley:

yes this was tony’s old car and yes i have bought it…from what i understand , the chassis is N1 TUT, a well know Scottish Elise’r…then tony went to town on her and got a Bernard Scouse to put a Audi in it, then yeah it was raced by tony in a lotus series sometime in 2004/5?..not sure…then the car was sold to a Londoner, who cherished her for 7 years and added quite a few items to what you see today. i then came along and took her off his hands about 7 months ago…

not sure if it was the one that caught fire at bedford, as i think tony had a few lotus builds on the go then…anymore info would be good. shes a good old example…i have already spend a few quid on various things as a new; jabba sport manifold…fixed the EGT…new induction filter system…1 inch ARB and 314 mm front F/F brake discs…etc

leigh :thumbup:

Who made those bells?

Thought so. It’s great that these well known pioneers of engine conversions live on!

Your car, Scuffer’s yellow car, Russ/AndyD dynorod car, Randy’s Exige, Sean’s Audi Exige, Quo’s JSR, Walshy’s Dragon car, Jamie’sTA car; all cars that really moved things on. Well done for buying it, great purchase.

I think the car ran in Mid Engined Sportscars Series in 2005 but only did a couple if rounds and had heat issues. I think it was your car that had the fire at Bedford in 2006, search on lot/seloc/mloc you’ll find it. I wouldn’t worry about it though, most if the list above have been on fire or smashed to shit at least once!

Good old Eliseparts Ali bells… I did expected the bells to come black, but the gold is really nice!

All the best cars have a storey

You’re thinking of buses bud :laughing:

Good answer!

Good answer!

another pic, just after a CV failure :frowning: …but shes all fixed now :smiley: , also a a quick vid SELOC Forums

cheers

leigh

:thumbup: Very nice Leigh

cheers jonny,

much appreciated!!..how are you…i am guessing here but has your NA project, all gone?! if so,what happened? and is there a new venture on the horizon?

leigh

No mate not just yet, still have the S1 but very tempted by a 211 at some point. Taking a few years out of track ownership to get some family owns work priorities in order so will hire for a while, not too long though :wink: hopefully!

some quick vids for the exige posse lads and girls

i took another pic of the exige pretender, at castle combe the other day and though it was too bad to share.

That looks mental :smiley:

Love the wheels. What make, size?

cheers lads much appreciated…

The wheels i don’t actually know the make… i purchased the car with them already fitted. i do know that they were silver originally. They could be possibly MGF wheels, they look the most obvious. Sizes are 16" front and 17" rear. width not sure again but the tyres are 195 front and 225 rear, standard stuff…

Oh should add there are spacers front and rear…rear spacer is around 2" thick :unamused:

leigh :thumbup: