my exige is here! BUT....

So while on honeymoon, I got a call from my sales rep indicating that I could have their first Exige rather than waiting until April for my order. I asked twice if the early car had both the track and touring packs and was told yes both times, so I said I’d take it. It’s here, and over a month earlier than I was told it would arrive. Problem is, it doesn’t have the track pack. It has all the other options and color I wanted, but not the track pack.

Should I take it or should I wait another four months, into May or June now, for one with the track pack? The tuner in me says to take it and tweak the suspension out later, but I’d love to hear your opinions.

Take it, you’ll be kicking yourself in March/April otherwise…

Take it, you’ll be kicking yourself in March/April otherwise…

That’s what I’m thinking. I just want to make sure there’s no reason to wait that I’m not seeing.

What exactly is in the “Track Pack” over & above the “Touring Pack”?

Given your desire for going on track, don’t get a car without sports seats/harnesses!

Wait for what you want, or get a massive discount. If you take it, you’re doing THEM a favour, not the other way around.

Should I take it…

Yes. And get the dealer to swap it for the one you ordered when it arrives. If the waiting list is that long they should have no problems shifting a run-in one for list money in three/four months.

Ian

pwe

you have to be sure its the car you want…

don’t rush in and then wish you had waited a wee bit longer for a car with harnesses, oil coolers etc…

I would wait mate-An exige with out the Sports seat/harnesses is fairly pointless IMO ALSO imgine if you see your car floating around in may/june and you will be thinking " i wish i had waited". as said above see if he will give you a lend of the exige or an elise-untill yours arives

I would wait mate-An exige with out the Sports seat/harnesses is fairly pointless IMO ALSO imgine if you see your car floating around in may/june and you will be thinking " i wish i had waited". as said above see if he will give you a lend of the exige or an elise-untill yours arives

The ‘track pack’ in the sales materials I have doesn’t seem to include racing seats or harnesses. It lists

• adjustable bilstein dampers
  • 5 way adjustable front sway bar
  • rear track link to stiffen rear suspension pickup points

For $2495US. I’m still leaning towards taking it, though still I have a few more hours to make the decision.

As as already mentioned above I would wait or haggle a sizeable discount. How much would it cost for the items individually ? Is the dealer prepared to fit them to the car in stock (assuming this can be done) and include it in the price ? Do you want the shocks or would there be a better option (plenty of views on that subject on here). If another set up may be better then how much of a saving exists on this car versus the one on order and can you pay for it with the savings.

As someone else said your in the driving seat (sorry for the pun) in terms of the deal so make sure you get what you want.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your Exige, whichever one you end up with

Do you plan to track the car intensely? If not, I’d take it and add nitrons or ohlin’s as dampers (and get the dealer to get you a discount). You do not really need the 5 way adjustable swaybars. And the rear track link is only interesting if you track the car a lot (using the curbs) Downside on the latter is that in the US that’s a $1,000 option. (see debate on www.elisetalk.com/forums )

Nico

Do you plan to track the car intensely? If not, I’d take it and add nitrons or ohlin’s as dampers (and get the dealer to get you a discount). You do not really need the 5 way adjustable swaybars. And the rear track link is only interesting if you track the car a lot (using the curbs) Downside on the latter is that in the US that’s a $1,000 option. (see debate on > www.elisetalk.com/forums > )

Nico

$1000 fckku me…

Assuming that the Spherical toelink joint is still actually bolted thru the lower chassis member… what does this 1000 dollar bar actually do?

Surely the lower chassis member transfers the cornering load across the car ? or is this new arrangement floating in some way ?

It can’t act like a ARB becuase the toelinks have their own fulcrums around the chassis mounting points and it can’t be introducing more bracing than the chassis is already providing can it ?

I don’t get it

The ‘track pack’ in the sales materials I have doesn’t seem to include racing seats or harnesses. It lists

• adjustable bilstein dampers
  • 5 way adjustable front sway bar
  • rear track link to stiffen rear suspension pickup points

For $2495US. I’m still leaning towards taking it, though still I have a few more hours to make the decision.

As said before, take it and go for the Ohlins. TarmacT can give you some advice re sports seats too.

So I’m taking the car now. I pick it up Saturday morning.

hey well done

Excellent …pics soon I hope.