My Audi Lotus is running

its taken me a few weeks to get it going but it was worth all the effort. Now i need a nice paint job. Ive never been in the Audi conversion before but it lives up to expectations. i may well be at that track day with you in October Dave.

nice one chris

Hi Chris,
did you do it yourself?
what spec did you go for?
Have you had it rr/mapped yet?

i just brought one of bernards cars that was smashed up and changed the engine over to another car, so i didnt do the hard bit in making the kit but i had to work hard as i’d never done anything like that before. im pleased with it. im having it remapped at emerald in October its running 320bhp at the minute. it has lsd and thats about all i know i just want to get it to santa pod now and see if its any faster than the Honda one i had. it better be anyway.

Superb!
will Dave be @ emerald be uploading the new software for you?
Thats meant to be more progressive with boost delivery…

yeah he will. im hoping to get more power than 320bhp. im trying to find out if there is anything i can buy to give it adjustable boost from in the car? i want 360bhp really or am i hoping for to much?

I have a Greddy controller inside the car which effectively gives two boost ‘maps’… seems to work ok .
However I am about to change this for the new emerald ECU which has 3 x maps which will controll boost amongst other things…
I think you are asking a lot to get 360 bhp…
you will deffo need rods and maybe uprated valves.
Mine was 330 and it expired a few weeks ago due to losing a valve…
Not too dissapointed though as it has had a LOT of abuse!

ive got steel rods in it, its had a fair bit done to the internals. its running an Emeral ecu i didn’t know you can set it to run on 3 maps. Bernard seemed to give the impression 360bhp isn’t that hard to get. ive only been out in it for 10 minutes so far but it was a good 10 minutes. Which engine and box are you running in your one? i was under the impression they can run 330bhp on standard internals but maybe not then.

with the internal mods 360 would be acheiveable.
They would normally run fine on 330 with std internals but mine had an oil temperature problem.
My blow up could have easily been avoided to be honest but I think I needed an excuse to do some more mods and with it running I couldn’t justify it! (thats my excuse)
My engine is the AGU- big port from the Golf GTI with the Leon 6 speed box.
The new one should be 400-ish, it has scat rods, JE pistons, Tublar manifold with a GT30 turbo,ported head,supertech valves etc…
It will also have the 3 map emerald (M3d)which is the latest upgrade…Just waiting for the emerald, and exhaust manifold as we speak…

350 BHP seems to be just about achievable using an IHI turbo with a P20 exhaust housing on a high spec big port engine. But that is about the limit, I am trying other turbo’s at the moment. Wayne’s spec should be very interesting and 400+ should be possible.

What you really want Wayne is one of these:

Monster turbo

Bernard

350 BHP seems to be just about achievable using an IHI turbo with a P20 exhaust housing on a high spec big port engine. But that is about the limit, I am trying other turbo’s at the moment. Wayne’s spec should be very interesting and 400+ should be possible.

Monster turbo >

Bernard

Let me just re phrase that for you Bernard…you really want me to buy that turbo and be the mule!

i had my eye on that car ya bugger then it disapeared off ebay

They would normally run fine on 330 with std internals but mine had an oil temperature problem.
My blow up could have easily been avoided to be honest but I think I needed an excuse to do some more mods and with it running I couldn’t justify it! (thats my excuse)
The new one should be 400-ish, it has scat rods, JE pistons, Tublar manifold with a GT30 turbo,ported head,supertech valves etc…
It will also have the 3 map emerald (M3d)which is the latest upgrade…Just waiting for the emerald, and exhaust manifold as we speak…

I’ve told you before wayne, running your car with no oil will only end in tears lol

I’ve told you before wayne, running your car with no oil will only end in tears lol

I didn’t believe you

Monster turbo >

Bernard

Let me just re phrase that for you Bernard…you really want me to buy that turbo and be the mule!

Sounds like a good strategy to me

It’s already been done though, Bill Brockbank ran one in his Ibiza, before he went for 525 BHP.

Bernard