my 2 favourites in 1!

Having been a Lotus & an Audi fan for years, I have finally culminated both my favourites into 1.
I ‘nearly’ bought an S2, then test drove an S3 (which left me disappointed) then I realised that the S1 was far far prettier and far more driver-focused.
The S1 will also be an appreciating asset, Lotus’s increase in popularity in the Far East will only go to strengthen prices of S1’s/340’s and 211’s (imho).
Not that I intend to sell anytime soon - I can’t believe there are only about 150 left on UK roads and yet they are still priced less than S2’s! Crazy, such an undervalued piece of Lotus history.
Oh well, only time will tell if I’m right or wrong…
Sorry, pictures are pre-wash - only got it last night!

Nice! Congrats!

Lovely, well done! Where are you based? What’s the spec of the Audi power…

Car needs a nice big diffuser if you ask me,…rare to see one without one these days.

Well done, nice car :thumbup:

Thanks - I’m Chester based.
1.8t fitted by Steve Guglielmi.
supposed to be 340bhp, will get it r/roaded at some point.
Butt dyno says its about right…

looking good, any engine (money) shots?

will take some more pics as I treat her to some new fluids…

Aye aye :smiley:

Congrats…knew I recognised the name from .Org. :slight_smile:

Is this the blue one from Kent?

Lovely blue . . . and from Chester, too, A new recruit to the Northern Chapter :clap:

Thought long and hard about buying that car, just did not have space and could not bring myself to sell my S2, welcome on board I’m sure you will have fun with it :slight_smile:

Lovely car. Welcome to the S1 club :clap:

Thanks for the welcome.
After giving it a full service, spanner check, repaired broken engine mount, replaced the gutless (!) diverter valve, bled the brakes and clutch and a good polishing, here’s some up to date pics:

Body off resto planned for winter 2016 :slight_smile:

You need some pneumatic struts on that engine cover …makes life much easier .
Good thread by Mark A on here somewhere.
Well done and have fun…I know you will :laughing: .

Well Done I’m glad your looking after her!

God knows what I’ll replace her with!