MWR Lift Point kit

Has anyone fitted this kit ? Any similar options available ?

I need to use rubber blocks on the suspension arm when using a Quickjack … as recommended by the servicing dealer, but would prefer something more convenient, stable and stronger.

Cheers

I’m keen on it, it would allow me to jack up the car and take my undertray off in a bit more comfort.

Slightly more middle-of-the-road are the Elise Shop lift pucks, these allow you to lift without taking the undertray off so ‘corner work’ is easy, but if you want to access the engine/gearbox etc the undertray needs to come off before you lift.

I know somebody in the UK who made their own version of the MWR kit, I think he was looking to tidy it up and put into production but it’s been a while since I heard from him. I’ll point him in this direction :thumbup:

I will contact MWR and get a quote including delivery plus work out the import duty and VAT.

The pucks are a much cheaper option but the attraction of the MWR lifting points is the simplicity and ease of use especially when wanting to remove the engine tray. The engineering and fixing seems relatively straightforward, nothing a tame engineering / fabrication business should not be able produce . I seem to recall a UK manufactured rear jacking beam which I believe uses the same attachment points as the MWR pins, but once again you need to remove the engine under tray first.

Lifting the car on the rear wishbones works but isn’t the best option given the thin angled edge and the need to avoid the brake lines.

Yeah I’m with you, jacking on the wishbones is just something I’m not comfortable with.